glyph of raptor strike

Sazda

I think we should all use this (none of our 4 raiding hunters has it at the moment). It is a major glyph and will not replace anything super important. Especially for fights like Yorsah'j it can make a huge difference during the AOE phase. The decreased incoming dsmage (-20%) will help our healers alot and increase our chances of staying alive. There are also many other applications in DS where this can be useful.

The problem is that you need to be in melee for this to work, and if you're in melee, you can't DPS. Do bosses like yor'sahj have a special hit-box that will allow us to melee him while still being allowed to hit him with ranged attacks?

I believe the meele and ranged zones are overlapping (similar to how it works with other bosses). We are standing in the middle of the pack when we stack - how hard can it be to make one step forward (if we even have to) to hit a raptor strike and then go one step back to continue aoe'ing? I suspect there to be a certain range where we can use raptor strike AND aoe. Either way - the damage mitigation is huge.

It's also worth mentioning that you have to RS every 4-5 GCD's to keep it up. That's gonna cut out some serious dps and I don't think it's worth the sacrifice.

On the other hand, the hunters love to get torn up by Red Buff as even when you're as close as possible, you're still getting hit pretty hard. Maybe it'll be worth using for red phase only because of the specific ramifications on that fight.

i used it every time i went below 50% during add phase (happens alot) and it seems to work out great... that cut in dps is much better than being killed and causing a wipe

... ad definitely better than having to deterrence

Edited by Sazda

You guys notice the weird behavior on heroic? For one there's no minimum range on Yor, we could be right in the middle of his hitbox. Also, when it comes to multi-shot, it seems like I was spamming multi while right in the middle of his hitbox and regardless of how I was facing or whatever, my multi hit all the adds.

Hunters rock for that fight, I am glad that Blizzard acknowledged the stacking issue for hunters and made it so that we weren't punished on this fight.

you are right... i could swear i thought there is a min range, but after you said it last night i tested it out again and there is none..

furthermore: i have been doing some reading and it seems that if you multi shot off the boss, you will hit all the adds - so yes, apparently we can stack right in the middle (just dont lose your tagret and accidently click an add/a player)

addition: ultraxion and madness work the same way with no min range - where as zonozz has a min range

Edited by Sazda