Heroic Ultraxion 25man

Lyntha

Heroic Ultraxion 25man is next on our list to be felled.

Warning: Math ahead.

He has 234,867,376 HP after the 15% nerf. We will 6 heal this fight to start and assume that our two tanks put together will do as much dps as one of our normal dpsers. This gives us a total of 18 DPS to do 234,867,376 HP of damage in 6 minutes. Technically we have a few seconds after 6 minutes but I'm not going to count that to keep calculations simple.

234,864,376 HP / 18 DPS = 13,048,021 damage per person.

13,048,021 / 360 seconds (The length of the fight) = 36,245 DPS per person.

On our last Ultraxion Kill, we did 165,636,799 damage in 4:35, or 275 seconds. We had only 4 healers so we had 20 DPS.

165,636,799 / 20 DPS = 8,281,840 Damage per person

8,281,840 / 275 seconds = 30,115 DPS per person.

At a glance, it would appear that this is bad. Indeed, this fight is an EXCELLENT example that dead dps do shitty DPS!! We had several people die throughout the fight (3 DPS died) which brought the numbers much lower. We also had in 1 alt for better group comp and 2 healers were DPSing. When we replace these people with full-time people (Remember, we had crazy DC and crash issues last week), we will have the DPS to do this. We have at least 8 people capable of hitting 40k on this fight (Zenzae, the rogues, Iaxeyou and the 4 hunters) so I think that we'll be able to make the 36.2k average DPS without issue.

I also want to point out that we will most likely be able to 5 heal this fight. If we do, it means that we need 34,337k Average Raid DPS (234,864,376 / 19 = 12361283 Damage per person. 12361283 / 360 = 34337 DPS per person). Since the damage is 15% lower and we can reliably have 2 pally healers (We have 3 total right now) for the last 60 seconds of the fight (2 Holly Pallies with the blue buff are absolutely OP for those last 2 minutes), we should be alright to 5 heal it. If we can't put out 34,337k Average DPS, we just suck :).

Changes from normal to heroic:

*5 people need to soak the hour of twilight instead of 3.

*Once you soak an HoT, you cannot soak again for the next two casts

The above changes mean that you must have 3 groups of 5 that are capable of taking an hour of twilight cast. HoT normally hits for 300k but with the 15% nerf, it hits for 255,000. Since the average raider will have anywhere from 160 - 180k, they will need at least 30% damage reduction.

Here's who I can see able to take the hits:

Pallies: Any spec can with Glyphed DP

DK's: Any spec can with AMS/IB

Warriors: Any spec can with Shield Wall. Bonus points for Rally Cry.

Hunters: Any spec can with Deterrence.

Shammies: Only Enhance shammies can absorb a HoT with Stoneclaw glyph + Sham Rage

Rogues: Any spec can with cloak/feint

Druid: Feral druids can soak with SI. Resto/Moonkin druids MIGHT be able to soak it with a shift to bear + Enraged Regen + Barkskin, but it'd be close.

Mage: Cauterize is going to be pro for this fight. Otherwise, IB can take a hit but the mage won't have it up for next HoT unless they're frost. So basically, all mages but arcane mages are good. Our mages should be fire for this fight.

Priest: Spriests can Disperse. Holy priests can GS themselves, Disc Priests can Pain Supp themselves.

Lock: I don't think that locks can take the hit unless they are destro. Correct me if I'm wrong.

*Fading Light happens to 6 people at once instead of 2 and can go off in as little as as 3 seconds. DBM will accurately track this and do a countdown for you, as long as you have it updated. EVERYONE NEEDS TO UPDATE THEIR DBM!!

That's it guys.

/stopcasting

/cast Unleash Elements

/click ExtraActionButton1

This is an ele specific macro, so other casters will want to replace Unleash Elements with an appropriate instant cast.

If people didn't know, clicking the button will naturally interrupt your cast and phase you out. What this macro does is the same thing, but will attempt to cast an instant if you're not under the effect of the GCD.

Eg: I'm casting a spell, but realize I won't be able to get it off before Hour of Twilight hits, I'll hit the macro. If I was outside of the GCD, then it'll cast Unleash Elements. If not, then it'll phase me out normally.

As an ele specific note, if LvB is available and FS is semi-close to finished when I come out of the phase, I will use those two back to back. With the Unleash Elements buff, it'll buff the next fire spell to HIT. So basically, I can empower my LvB hit, FS hit, and FS dot.

If you happen to have both EM and Insignia of the Corrupted Mind going, then it's sometimes worth it to replace your current FS before you lose that combination of buffs. It'll allow you to fish for more Lava Surge procs.

If you think the fight will go the full 6 minutes, use a TF spec (see Yorsahj thread, but move the point out of EQ and drop the mobility glyph). If this'll just be a 5 minute fight, might just be better off using the standard spec without Unleashed Lightning.

Locks can soak as destro only if we get some help aka priest shield or salv from pally with that said destro is the worst spec for this fight so I would say no go for them unless you NEED them badly in which we would need help cds

Regarding Warlocks:

Yeah - only destro can take it, with help. Destro isn't the lowest dps spec on this fight - in fact all 3 are close. Demo wins, aff just behind destro (zero movement).

HOWEVER - what I can say is that wipes on ultrax come early and often sometimes - which means demo doesn't have doomguard at the start when all procs are nicely lined up. So demo dps fluctuates a lot.

Re: berms macro & applying to warlocks, only thing that could be added is a fel flame really. Can't assume to refresh any dots.

PS sefi - you don't have WoU?

Not that i do not want it but after 35 sims of it and every other trinket WoU is a 170-300 dps increase which in that case i would never take it over another dps that needs it. Until it is either going to a off-spec or someone that only comes once in a while.

Well since i have only been to 2 deathwings in this guild do to sickness and my pc exploding I have yet to been able to get it and i do not know the state of everyone else's trinkets. But i used this thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1033285-BiS-Trinket-lists.) as a basis and have a long list of trinkets i SIM for my lock every time i get a new piece of gear. LFR WoU(have it) is not better than normal insignia from my tests personally and simcraft. The reason it sims nicely with demo is that when it procs in the beginning your doom guard also gets that haste if you cast it after you get the buff which adds a couple extra doom bolts. But i digress this has become more of a lock discussion because of us then a heroic Ultrax discussion.

I think general consensus is +haste to doomguard is difficult to predict. Don't know what overall impact of haste on doomguard is to dps on a fight like ultraxion.

But if scaling factors are: int=3.5, haste=2.0, mastery=2.5, then with the long ICD on IOTCM the dps increase to doomguard needs to be pretty massive to make up for losing 422 int (for normal) or 322 int (for LFR).

You are getting about 6-8 extra casts on average I think at best, at 30k if 1/2 are crits (a big assumption), for 240k dps...which is 800 dps on a 5 min fight....and the int difference for LFR WoU should result in over 1k dps. Back of the napkin math, but thought I'd see where it went.