FL Rag Heroic April 16th

Sazda

In order to try to get this group into a better shape, I have made a post on openraid.us:

http://www.openraid.us/index.php/users/raid/5555

The goal is to find some strong players who will help us get the kill next week.

As you can see here:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-46z6wuo7jy6ajxvw/sum/damageDone/

Our DPS also was pretty bad last night... not that it matters much, but if people are not able to stop their one and only add from hitting the hammer - something has to be done. We need more people who have done this before and know how to avoid mechanics (we still had people begin hit by the lava wave!!!). After a few tries, everyone was kind of standing wherever (instead of spawning traps in the back) which caused us more problems.

What I would like to see:

Let us make an effort and get online at 7.30pm sharp, so we can start the invites at that time and have enough time to figure out who we want to add.

oh and yeah - you do not have to sign up on the webpage of openraid in order to be invited... that is mainly for people from other realms to have a way of joining us.

The comp changes pretty much every week (unfortunately) - so we adjust the strat each time.

Last night we had to 2-tank because of it. 2 weeks before we were able to 1-tank.

Let's see:

P1:

The IDEA is to drop the traps as far back in the center as possible. We usually have 3 traps - 1 is supposed to stay up in the back, the rest are triggered by either mage/hunter or whoever is suited for that.

some problems encountered here:

- people standing too close to traps and being knocked into them from ragnaros's knockback

- people not making an effort to drop the traps in the back, so we end up with all traps in the middle of the room

- traps not being triggered for DPS purposes - so we end up with 2 traps next to one another in the middle of the room

- oh: and people being hit by the lava waves cause they simply do not pay attention

1st Intermission:

Killing sons of flame. Usually we have the group split up in two - with each group having a floater depending on how many and where the sons spawn relativ to the hammer. We do not assign specific adds to specific people. Rather we have the DPS on each side work it out between one another. The idea is to hit all adds down to around 50% and then switch to another - so they are all slowed asap. We also try to keep one alive for a little bit so we have more time before the next phase.

some problems encountered here:

- adds being completely unattended and running straight into the hammer (often its the one running from all the way back through the lava)

- switches (floaters) being called but other dps does not adjust - resulting in unattended adds

- people plain simply being on the wrong side (i believe some people do not see the animation that shows where the hammer will land)

P2:

Molten Seeds. One of our biggest problem areas. We stack on one pre designated spot (to make it bullet proof its always the same spot). Molten Seeds spawn and to ENSURE we all have the same countdown, we have one raidmember post a macro saying "MOVE NOW" as raid warning. People are supposed to move once they see the macro.

problems:

- people not moving fast enough or sooooometimes waaay too early (not waiting for macro) resulting in them being hit by seed explosions and being killed

Dancing:

We used to have people constantly die during the dancing phases. I suspect that happens because they do not get the idea that SURVIVAL >>> DPS. I guess its easier as hunter - dunno - but I barely EVER get hit by even one tick of those waves. I am sure if you understand that survival is most important and when yo uknow WHERE to stand, many/all other classes could have the same result.

Intermission:

Same as above including scion tanking.

P3:

Simply burning Rag down and watching out for meteors. Best case scenario would be to simply push the meteors into the lava and keep them there. Not much of a strategy here - just avoid mechanics and burn Rag.

problems:

- what you would expect: people standing too close to meteors and someone else pushing it right into a group or single person from the other side.

P4:

We have not have had enough attempts in P4 to really get a strategy down. The basic idea is to do what any written strategy guide suggests.

Strat looks sound. Sounds like a people problem. Maybe it comes with experience, but people should really learn where the line is between the waves, so they can straddle that line more easily. As ranged, I prefer the back two rows since it gives me a better view. I also stand sideways to Rag so I can quickly strafe in and out as needed.

Pick one person from each side to handle meteor knockbacks. Pretty much anyone is able to do it. I sometimes do it even though I'm not ideal. People need to realize that the meteor will jump in the opposite direction from where you hit it from.

Everyone must be proactive in handling the adds. If 7 adds land on one side, the other side clearly doesn't need 4 ppl. The tank and 1 dps will take care of it (depending on how close it is to the hammer.) Knockbacks need to be floating close to the hammer. Pew Pew means shit if you didn't knock an add away. People need to call if they have the debuff so others can compensate.

Lust as soon as Rag pops up from the 2nd intermission.

P4 - You will learn to hate your tanks and dreadflame person. Fuck up Empowered Sulfuras = Instant wipe. (Bouncing him with taunts might save you.) Poor awareness of dreadflame spawns = Wipe. (Having roars and other people calling dreadflame spawns will help. Prioritizing dreadflames around the ice patches is even more important.) If our raid leader goes on his boomkin, we have no dreadflame left by the time Rag dies. You'd think we did it on normal. If our rogue does it, we're literally on the last possible without dreadflame hoping not to die.

Seriously though, the bench is deep and cold. People will learn to not suck if they want the kill bad enough. Otherwise, there's always pugs. After your first kill, watch how many people start signing up for future HRag kills. Our sign up list is long as hell. The progression peeps always get in first short of causing a bad comp.