Server Transfer?

Varibash

Server Transfer  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are you willing / able to server transfer if we decide to move the guild to a more populated server?

Read my post above. One of the prospective transfer servers is Arthas. They have a rich and vibrant raiding community. They have 17 active 25m raiding guilds past Jinrokh. Skullcrusher has 4. They have 85 10m guilds with at least tortos down. Skullcrusher has 21. There's just a bigger pool of players.

2 day guilds aren't too common. If any of those people in the other guilds wanna step down and do some casual 25man raiding, we're a great place to go.

Alright i have decided to write a more lengthy post on the matter.

There are quite a few reasons i think this is a terrible idea;

First off you complain about attendance and how it is hindering 25 man progression yet if we compare this tier to last tier even we eventually killed 3 heroic mode bosses by the time 5.2 came out. This time we are 9/12 on 25 man normal mode and a leshen kill is looking to happen before 5.3 even comes out. Id say that were doing well

The lack of raiding guilds benifits us much more then it hinders us. If you look at 25 man guilds there is basically reckless, us and DND. Reckless is hardcore and thats for some people but not others and DnD is well DnD, So we fill a pretty good gap of people who want to raid 25 man but not have a full hardcore attitude to it. If we transfer to a higher population server that has 20+ guilds already into heroic mode content i fell like we would just get washed away. Why join this guild when there are alot more that preform better then it? Because of the family enviroment.

And on that. I could apply and get into much more progressed guilds but the reason i dont is because i do not care about progression as much as i do about this raid enviroment. I love raiding with you guys because its raiding with you guys. Everyones personalities and even the fails make it raiding with ATR. No matter how you look at it transfering the guild will not be for everyone. That means some people will be left behind and if alot of people get left behind then its not going to be the same raiding family that ive grown to love.

TL;DR Transfering would not help our guilds problems it would only create more of them

good points pika.

Like I said, this is all up in the air, and I am not willing to abandon anyone to transfer, in my head, I wasnt willing to transfer unless 100% of the raid team and a lot of the casuals were all for it, with just barely over 50% saying yes, It will not happen, period.

Just everyone needs to be aware that recruiting is a pain in the ass and slow to happen, so as we lose people, the likelihood of switching to 1 or 2 10 man teams because more and more prevalent.

I would follow off server too, but I don't raid either. :)

While there is a decline in total wow players as well as active raiders (LFR is enough for some it seems)...I think the real reason is raider consolidation. Just like PVP - where most go places like tich and darkspear, raiders are consolidating on maybe 5 different servers (Illidan, KT, etc).

So when a guild dies on a smaller server, players don't look to the same server, they decide to xfer or re-roll a more active server.

Basically what Lyntha said in his last post - servers like SC are seeing significantly lower raid activity as a % of player base.

Edit: another reason people are centralizing on a few servers is so they can raid on alts via pugging.

Edit2: pika makes very good points.

Edited by Viledead

Alright i have decided to write a more lengthy post on the matter.

There are quite a few reasons i think this is a terrible idea;

First off you complain about attendance and how it is hindering 25 man progression yet if we compare this tier to last tier even we eventually killed 3 heroic mode bosses by the time 5.2 came out. This time we are 9/12 on 25 man normal mode and a leshen kill is looking to happen before 5.3 even comes out. Id say that were doing well

The lack of raiding guilds benifits us much more then it hinders us. If you look at 25 man guilds there is basically reckless, us and DND. Reckless is hardcore and thats for some people but not others and DnD is well DnD, So we fill a pretty good gap of people who want to raid 25 man but not have a full hardcore attitude to it. If we transfer to a higher population server that has 20+ guilds already into heroic mode content i fell like we would just get washed away. Why join this guild when there are alot more that preform better then it? Because of the family enviroment.

And on that. I could apply and get into much more progressed guilds but the reason i dont is because i do not care about progression as much as i do about this raid enviroment. I love raiding with you guys because its raiding with you guys. Everyones personalities and even the fails make it raiding with ATR. No matter how you look at it transfering the guild will not be for everyone. That means some people will be left behind and if alot of people get left behind then its not going to be the same raiding family that ive grown to love.

TL;DR Transfering would not help our guilds problems it would only create more of them

Well i do kinda agree with the first point im looking at this from a long term perspective (and in no way am i trying to push anything or come off seeming like i want to xfer badly im just stating the point i believe to be stronger)

In the end i support whatever choice the guild makes.

Out of probally the 100+ different people who play in our guild only 24 have voted so we only have a fracture of real numbers statically with 4 being against 5 undecided people and 15 for it. As for you stateing that this would worsen our problem pika i far from believe that just due to the fact we already have that core family established in our guild and even all our new trials and people who join eventually become part of that close feeling i doubt this would change on whatever server we play on just due to the fact its the guild itself that provides this and the people that join only help it grow. I just feel that IF we did it would end up making the game more enjoyable for most and take alot of stress off of people just due to the easier recruitment we would still have the same rules guidelines and closeness we would just expand a little better. I think change is good what you do it for the right reasons and don't lose track of your orignal insight and that being our guild atmosphere.

And yes i understand people are pretty attached to skullcrusher heck i even have another facebook just for my toon on this server so i understand the pain of leaving it behind where you once had all your memory's but as long as the people in this guild are close it doesnt matter where when or how much you play in the end its the same old game wherever and its just those people you enjoy playing the game with. I do understand from a cost point many of you have several toons you are attached to and that makes sense but in my personal opinion since account bound everything exists its not a huge deal where they sit but then again i don't play alts that much so i could be wrong. But i just figured id throw another 2 cents in and see what others think. (Feel free to ignore me alot of people on skullcrusher already have ;) )

All im saying is the list of pros outweighs the cons alot

Edited by Heldarram

Since I started again in MoP, this guild has had some raiders come and go, but overall remained a reliable and competitive group that I enjoy playing with. Even on our unluckiest nights of attendance we have thrown something together, and it seems like every week is cleaner and faster than previous ones- no matter who is in the raid. With the exception of the JiKun trash (granted it gives some great guild-webbed-photos), I feel like we are beating ToT as fast as possible for a two night raid schedule. Even the most dauntless of heroes could barely topple ToT in 6 hours.
I have never tried to recruit strangers to a group, but it sounds like the people who really are motivated to raid proactively find a guild and then switch to that server? Won't picking a new server as our destination only benefit us by a larger local trade-chat pool to recruit from? We need to hope who is there has the quality/reliability we need and is not loyal to the group they are currently with (which seems to be a big obstacle). Even with 10x the population this seems like a rough gamble considering the hassle of transferring 30+ chars, and still leaving alts and support chars behind.
I have a few friends, nostalgic characters, and memories all on Skullcrusher which is what keeps me coming back to WOW (I have taken a break after every expansion so far). Switching off of Skullcrusher would be a serious mojo-killer for me; Skullcrusher is where Soknar killed his first boar on release day and it is where he plans on wiping for the final time.

I've been trying to help recruit to help those who don't want to transfer servers but it seems that there is no one looking for a raiding guild on Skullcrusher. It may just be my luck and the times I am looking in trade chat but I have only had a few people whispering for info. Seems to me that we need a new variety of players on another server.

I've thought a lot about this and I’m really on the fence with this one.

Commie and I transferred here from Zul’jin. A server who’s population is considerably larger than Skullcrusher. We were the 5th best 25m guild on our server and recruitment was horrible… we often had to call raids because of poor attendance and no applications. Even though the server pop was high – about 95% of our recruits were still server transfers.

Obviously there will always be some people who don’t care about progression and some people have other reasons for being in a guild (ie: raid times, atmosphere, friends, etc). Generally though, the more bosses you kill – the more recruits you get. On a higher pop server there is way more competition and there are more guilds to choose from – so unless you’re one of the top guilds, you’re going to have trouble recruiting people. As a very casual 2 days/week 25 man guild, I personally don’t feel a server transfer will solve the recruitment problem…. It may even make it more difficult as our progression is slower than a lot of guilds.

Even though I’m not sure it’s the best decision, I would still probably go if it came down to it. In the end I don’t really care what server I play on… I wouldn't leave Commie though – we follow each other :smile:

Czenn

Ps: Sometimes it’s also your name, reputation and history that help with recruiting – on a new server you’re just the new guys who don’t have a full roster ;)

***** RECRUITMENT *****

On a somewhat separate topic… but kinda related. Recruiting is a big thing and obviously the more people who help, the better the result. It should never just be the job for one or two people. :smile: Just a few ideas from my past that may/may not be useful:

1. Make sure the website info is up to date and easy for newbies to use/apply etc. This is our advertisement; a good site will make people want to look longer & be more likely to apply. We should post some screenshots of kills; a new one should go up every time we kill a boss. Putting up some kill videos are always good too for people to watch.

2. Bump the post on the Horde recruitment forum. I use to do this all the time in the past (and could easily start again). Useless info: it takes less than 30 min for an un-bumped post to fall off the 1st page here lol

3. Bump the post on the Skullcrusher forum. Not super urgent but it still should be bumped if it falls off the first page.

4. Read the forums, if you see someone looking for a guild - add a note about our guild. Some people prefer to let guilds find them. Lazy ppl.

5. Bump a post on the mmo forum

6. If you do LFR and see someone un-guilded let them know your guild is recruiting. If any of you join a pug mention to people in raid or whisper.

7. Recruit friends and family

8. If all else fails, steal more people from D&D

:smile: I know for sure I could put in some time and help out here in a few different ways :smile:

Do I win a prize for the longest post?

As of right now, we wont be server transferring, so no need to worry. This was just to get the general feelings of people in the raid. This guild has been through rough patches before, and we will survive through this one. Our strong community is the reason we are one of the oldest guilds on skullcrusher that still remains viable in terms of progression on raid content. We have seen thousands of guilds come and go, and we are still here. Just like we always plan on being, until the vast majority of players quit or Blizzard shuts the server down, we will be around. No need to worry, just everyone has to do their part to help us bring in fresh blood to replace those that are on break or have left WoW.

1. Make sure the website info is up to date and easy for newbies to use/apply etc. This is our advertisement; a good site will make people want to look longer & be more likely to apply. We should post some screenshots of kills; a new one should go up every time we kill a boss. Putting up some kill videos are always good too for people to watch.

I agree for both of these. I've had people tell me they had issues registering with it not accepting their email (I did too until I just used FB). Not sure if it's a bug or what. I do think we need more kill shots.

Not accepting there email? I've received nothing from the admin systems about bad logins. They may get a bad email issues if they've registered before...

Ya just rechecked, no incomplete or un validated, or banned accounts currently.

Did they maybe fail at our anti-spam?