Snugg's Macros for Thok 25 Heroic

Lyntha

Ok, thanks for the update.  I'll fix.

Also everyone I'm just putting forward a plan.  I am honestly amazed at how quickly everyone picked this all up.  I have an addon that tracks raid cooldowns (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bl_cooldown) and when we were popping everything in P1, I would literally see every single CD used in P1.  Nobody was missing a cooldown.

Also, to everyone that was whispering me all night with suggestions or changes, thank you.  My apologies if I seemed a bit unresponsive at times but I had a lot to work on.  Now that we have a good starting place to work off of, things should be a lot smoother :)

Another thought that I've had guilds use in the past is to set up groups for defensive CD's. 

For Example:

Grp1- Bud Tranq, Mastah Devo Aura, Manny Rallying Cry/Demo Banner

Grp2- Vorty Tranq, Red HTT/AG, Ward RC/demo

Grp3- blah blah blah

That way you can just call out grps for CD's and people SHOULD be smart enough to pop their shit when you call it (theres enough shit going on in most of these heroic fights that having to call people out individually is just a pain in the ass. I know this doesnt exactly apply to thok because we would have 12342134 groups lol, but its just some food for thought.

Also, WeakAuras2 is an amazing addon for tracking everything. Vorty and I made some real quick during raid for when someone get's HoP'd or Devo Aura is active. It's more of an individual raider option to the big CD trackers because as Joe Raider I dont normally care when someone pops their Tranq but if Im receiving a buff then thats a whole nother ball game.

Edited by Budlyght

That's actually a REALLY good idea bud.  I assume you mean like

"Group 1 pop CD's now!"

*Five seconds later

"Group 2 pop CD's now!"

etc

We will lose some measure of control over when each individual CD gets popped but I think that it would be much easier to control and avoid having such complicated macros like mine above.  I think that to give a measure of control over the groups, I could tell the people within the groups to stagger their CD's a bit like I'm doing with HoP + Devo.  So it'd be like "Group 1 when you pop your cd's, wait 5 seconds before you HoP people and Shammy wait five seconds before you pop your HTT".  etc.  I am definitely gonna try that on our next night of attempts unless the officers object.  I can't say if it will work, but if it DOES work, it will be much better than our current system.

If we were to use a system like that, it would have to be 3 stronger groups in P1 and 2 weaker groups in P2, spread at the following points:

7:  Group 1

13:  Group 2

19:  Group 3

24:  SLT

25:  Stack

Then for stack phase 2, it would be:

5:  Group 4

9:  Group 5

15:  Stack

Stack 3:

5:  Group 1

10:  Group 2

15:  Group 3

19:  SLT

20:  Stack

Edited by Lyntha

• 4 weeks later...

New Macros:

Thok 1:

/rw Thok CD's - Stack Phase 1 + 3
/rw Wave 7:  Group 1 CD's
/rw Wave 13:  Group 2 CD's
/rw Wave 19:  Group 3 CD's, Yarn Bop Nerita and Jlogg
/rw Wave 24:  SLT JLOGG
/rw Wave 25:  Stack + Ninja Smoke Bomb

Thok 2:

/rw Thok CD's - Stack Phase 2 + 4
/rw Wave 5:  Group 4 CD's + Arma AMZ, Ice BOP Red and Lyntha. Red go ham with AG
/rw Wave 8:  Group 5 CD's + Varkul AMZ, Ansky Bop Yourself and Summa
/rw Wave 13:  Dagoda SLT
/rw Wave 14:  Stack + Lyntha RaidBubble

Officer Thok 1:

/o Thok CD's - Stack Phase 1 + 3
/o Wave 7:  Group 1 CD's
/o Wave 13:  Group 2 CD's
/o Wave 19:  Group 3 CD's, Yarn Bop Nerita and Jlogg
/o Wave 24:  SLT JLOGG
/o Wave 25:  Stack + Ninja Smoke Bomb

Officer Thok 2:

/o Thok CD's - Stack Phase 2 + 4
/o Wave 5:  Group 4 CD's + Arma AMZ, Ice BOP Red and Lyntha. Red go ham with AG
/o Wave 8:  Group 5 CD's + Varkul AMZ, Ansky Bop Yourself and Summa
/o Wave 13:  Dagoda SLT
/o Wave 14:  Stack + Lyntha RaidBubble

Mass Dispels:

/rw Phase 2 Mass Dispels:
/rw #1:  Lyntha
/rw #2:  Ftfk
/rw #3:  Nerita
/rw #4:  Crispy
/rw #5:  Summa

WTS weakauras2

make a text box for different bosses and just have people load the one for the fight... have one set for Thok and one for malkorok and seige etc and just have it be a text box...everyone should have weakauras at this point anyways...shit is a game changer for sure

if you want i can get on at some point this weekend and show you what i mean