Hunter Tips

Aerozia

Okay so we have two full-time hunters atm. (myself and Tych. we seem to keep trading others out. the turnover rate for hunters seems to be pretty high.) But all hunters are welcome to post tips here that they may have discovered we play various races, specs, so no one hunter will have the answer to every question. I will list the bosses in this post with a few tips. if you have a tip to add post here and I will edit this post, add your tip and give you credit.

I'll add more later.

Immerseus:

~Take the first couple pools to the face.(when the adds are crawling back to Immerseus, and use deterrence on the last few to help mitigate damage and keep you alive. The later ones do much more damage.

~Survival- keep snake trap and frost trap down to snare the corrupted adds, when triggered they root enemies in place, which will help them be killed before reaching Immerseus.

~Beast mastery- use a Spirit beast to heal the heal adds.

Fallen Protectors:

~Survival- if you have Assurance of Consequence trinket, use your black arrow on He and Sun, so you have more procs and more damage.

~If not in a Mark of Anguish rotation, take the  first couple calamities to the face, then use deterrence to avoid them when they hit hardest.

Norushen:

~If caught in blind hatred, use deterrence.

~when doing trial, disengage helps get out of big adds slam.

Sha of Pride:

~Take Crouching Tiger Hidden Chimera talent. and eat the first swelling pride, then use deterrence to avoid every single swelling pride after for the rest of the fight.

~Use Disengage to get to your projection faster.

Galakras:

~If doing towers, make sure to put pet on passive so it actually follows you up.

~If you cant get out of the tower bosses slam-knockback, use deterrence or turn your back to him and disengage back onto the tower.

Iron Juggernaut:

~ During siege mode, use deterrence on the third knockback to help the healers, on the second siege use deterrence at your discretion but put them both on cd at some point.

~Use disengage to get out of the group when you have the lazer beam on you.

Dark Shamans:

~ Use deterrence ONLY for Iron prison(you never know when you will get it and you will die if you don't use deterrence to mitigate some of the damage.)

~Disengage if you get knocked into the air by a tornado, so you avoid getting knocked up again when you land.

Nazgrim:

~Keep concussive shot on the rogue if he targets you, do not root him(survival traps or pet roots)

~If you cant get out of shockwave, use deterrence.

Malkorok:

~when knocked into the air, about halfway down disengage to avoid too much fall damage.

~Use deterrence to soak orbs if your RAELLY need to.

~Use deterrence to take a puddle when you have little or no shield.

~Use deterrence to help the healers make you live through blood rage stack phase, just spam them back to back.

Spoils of Pandaria:

~use deterrence to soak your bombs instead of dropping them on the ground.

~disengage to get into matter swap faster.

Thok the Bloodthirsty:

Siegecrafter Blackfuse:

Paragons of the Klaxxi:

Garrosh:

I think a default tip/rule should just be keep your pet on passive. If you don't have control of your pet at all times, then you have a chance to screw up raid mechanics and wipe the raid. Good example is on Nazgrim; if your pet is off passive and keeps poking the boss while he's in Defensive Stance. I always have my pet on passive but macro'd to attack with my Chimera Shot command. Even if my Chimera Shot is on CD, I can still use the macro to direct my pet where I want it.

I feel using Deterrence and Disengage are self-explanatory to when they should be used. Something on you that will kill raid, Disengage, but bad AoE or too many of X up, Deterrence to deal with it.

Main tip is that for Deterrence, make sure you have the 'Glyph of Detterence' so that when you do use Deterrence for these purposes it decreases all damage by 50%, not just 30%.

• 1 month later...

Okay so we have two full-time hunters atm. (myself and Tych. we seem to keep trading others out. the turnover rate for hunters seems to be pretty high.) But all hunters are welcome to post tips here that they may have discovered we play various races, specs, so no one hunter will have the answer to every question. I will list the bosses in this post with a few tips. if you have a tip to add post here and I will edit this post, add your tip and give you credit.

I'll add more later.

Immerseus:

~Take the first couple pools to the face.(when the adds are crawling back to Immerseus, and use deterrence on the last few to help mitigate damage and keep you alive. The later ones do much more damage.

~Survival- keep snake trap and frost trap down to snare the corrupted adds, when triggered they root enemies in place, which will help them be killed before reaching Immerseus.

~Beast mastery- use a Spirit beast to heal the heal adds.

Fallen Protectors:

~Survival- if you have Assurance of Consequence trinket, use your black arrow on He and Sun, so you have more procs and more damage.

~If not in a Mark of Anguish rotation, take the  first couple calamities to the face, then use deterrence to avoid them when they hit hardest.

Norushen:

~If caught in blind hatred, use deterrence.

~when doing trial, disengage helps get out of big adds slam.

Sha of Pride:

~Take Crouching Tiger Hidden Chimera talent. and eat the first swelling pride, then use deterrence to avoid every single swelling pride after for the rest of the fight.

~Use Disengage to get to your projection faster.

Galakras:

~If doing towers, make sure to put pet on passive so it actually follows you up.

~If you cant get out of the tower bosses slam-knockback, use deterrence or turn your back to him and disengage back onto the tower.

Iron Juggernaut:

~ During siege mode, use deterrence on the third knockback to help the healers, on the second siege use deterrence at your discretion but put them both on cd at some point.

~Use disengage to get out of the group when you have the lazer beam on you.

Dark Shamans:

~ Use deterrence ONLY for Iron prison(you never know when you will get it and you will die if you don't use deterrence to mitigate some of the damage.)

~Disengage if you get knocked into the air by a tornado, so you avoid getting knocked up again when you land.

Nazgrim:

~Keep concussive shot on the rogue if he targets you, do not root him(survival traps or pet roots)

~If you cant get out of shockwave, use deterrence.

Malkorok:

~when knocked into the air, about halfway down disengage to avoid too much fall damage.

~Use deterrence to soak orbs if your RAELLY need to.

~Use deterrence to take a puddle when you have little or no shield.

~Use deterrence to help the healers make you live through blood rage stack phase, just spam them back to back.

Spoils of Pandaria:

~use deterrence to soak your bombs instead of dropping them on the ground.

~disengage to get into matter swap faster.

Thok the Bloodthirsty:

These are just some observations that i've noticed, but they did indeed help me during the fights.  Not tootin my own horn here but I have done exceptionally well on our Thok Attempts:

Stay on the boss throughout the entirety of the fight.  Even during the Fixate (as long as you're not his target for Fixate).  We've got AoC and Disengage to quickly get out of harms way if he Fixates on someone else in the raid and you just so happen to be in his path. 

Make sure to explosive trap on bats for added dps.  obviously use multi shot to get those adds down faster as it automatically applies SS as well. 

If he fixates you and you are in immediate peril of gettin' chomped then Feign Death does seem to take the Fixate off of you so only as needed>>>>>Dead DPS = No DPS. 

Siegecrafter Blackfuse:

We need to practice getting on and off the conveyor belt for Assembly Line.  It's been an issue for all the hunters in our guild including myself.  There is a glyph for Disengage that seems to be helpful for getting on and off.  Something with physics ( I believe you Disengage at the same speed but you go a further distance, so what the glyph does is give you added Height for getting onto the belt.) 

A priest healer for our attempts on Siegecrafter would be awesome because the priest could Leap of Faith. 

Paragons of the Klaxxi:

Garrosh: