What boss do we kill next

Varlash

19 members have voted

1. 1. With Blackrock Coming out shortly what boss should we kill after Mythic Kargath

• Mythic Twins
    • Ahead of the Curve Achievement for Heroic Imperator Mar'gok

With Blackrock Foundry coming out Feb 3rd the tiny amount of extra gear from mythic Highmaul is basically irrelevant. 

I feel like we should get the ahead of the curve achievement before its gone forever.

EDIT:

So with AoTC not being removed im left wondering who voted for it out of fear of not getting it and if these numbers are scewed.

Edited by Varlash

I wouldn't vote for either of those. My vote would go for ONE normal clear (7/7) during actual raid times so that people that are consistent on scheduled raids but can't show up for optionnal or pug it get to clear it. That would'nt even cut that much time off of our actual schedule, as a normal full clear would be quite fast.

If the achievement is actually going away with foundry, then I'd vote for a full Heroic clear after that. If not, then I'd go with whichever boss we have the most chances to kill, but only if we come back for the Ahead of the curve achievement on scheduled days at a later date.

The Aheadof the curve achievement won't be going away until the raid after Blackrock Foundry, so we have time.

Got that from https://twitter.com/Nethaera/status/555439890255450112

Oh, 

Then we should continue doing Mythic, as it will give us the best loot..Then pick some random tuesday and do full attempts.. I mean, Let's be honest, Mythic Highmaul doesnt really even matter..Heroic Blackrock/Mythic Blackrock matters.

Even without Ahead of the Curve, we, as a guild, should kill H Imperator before we go into any more Mythic. It's still progression. Half the raiders don't even have an Imperator kill in general. Saying "show up on an optional night if you want to kill the last boss in the current raid tier even though you only signed up to do Tue/Wed" or "go pug it" is ridiculous. It's too late to do Normal Imperator because no one (important) cared after the optional group got him down, and that's what's going to happen to Heroic Imperator if (and when) the optional group gets him down. He'll be put on the back burner because "progression". Hell, he's -already- on the back burner. Are we really going to go clear heroic Highmaul and kill him when we're in heroic Foundry? Like really really? No, we're not, for the same reasons we're not doing normal now. And the non-optional raiders get the short end of the stick.

Even without Ahead of the Curve, we, as a guild, should kill H Imperator before we go into any more Mythic. It's still progression. Half the raiders don't even have an Imperator kill in general. Saying "show up on an optional night if you want to kill the last boss in the current raid tier even though you only signed up to do Tue/Wed" or "go pug it" is ridiculous. It's too late to do Normal Imperator because no one (important) cared after the optional group got him down, and that's what's going to happen to Heroic Imperator if (and when) the optional group gets him down. He'll be put on the back burner because "progression". Hell, he's -already- on the back burner. Are we really going to go clear heroic Highmaul and kill him when we're in heroic Foundry? Like really really? No, we're not, for the same reasons we're not doing normal now. And the non-optional raiders get the short end of the stick.

Definitly agree with you on this one, no chance we are going to go back into hihmaul on tuesday/wednesday once blackrock is out.

As I understand it right now, Progression will be:

1.)  Heroic Highmaul

2.)  Heroic BRF (Half a Tier higher than Heroic Highmaul)

3.)  Mythic Highmaul (Half a tier higher than Heroic BRF)

4.)  Mythic BRF (Half a tier higher than Mythic Highmaul)

So we will be going back to Highmaul, but it's true that there's not much reason for us to go back to Heroic Highmaul once Heroic BRF comes up.

I honestly don't see how Heroic > Mythic and why people need to clear an instance before going to the next difficulty. Plus, the team for Heroic Imp will probably be less than 20 people, because we would need the better dps, and better healing to kill the boss for the amount of mechanics he has. So what is better? Getting a chance at 20 people getting loot or >20 people getting loot?

Edited by Muln

We trimmed people in the past due to poor mechanics and poor dps. We have done this fight on a scheduled raid day already, do you not remember? We sure as shit didn't have 20 or more people. It wasn't log'd because it was right after Scotmonk left.

Edited by Muln

We have done this fight on a scheduled raid day on an optional raid night (holiday). I was there because I have Tue/Wed off. We got him to p3 in one night with less than an optimal raid and then I haven't seen him again because I can't come on Sundays. One more raid night and I bet we would have had him.

As far as less than 20? We just downed a mythic boss with 20 people and 5 sitting. The only reason there aren't enough healers and tanks on any heroic imp attempts this guild has had in the past was because they were on optional raid nights, and that's why he's not down yet.

We would 100% go back for the FoS for everyone on a raid night. I don't see why we wouldn't? The reason we don't go back to normal is that it doesn't provide anything useful that we aren't getting from heroic, or mythic raiding..I believe we will go back to Heroic Imp. 

We would 100% go back for the FoS for everyone on a raid night. I don't see why we wouldn't? The reason we don't go back to normal is that it doesn't provide anything useful that we aren't getting from heroic, or mythic raiding..I believe we will go back to Heroic Imp. 

Great! Lets do it!

ETA: Lets do it while we're still clearing heroic that is. Once we don't need to clear heroic, it will just be a big waste of time.

Edited by Ansky

It's not that we didn't have tanks or healers, it's that people don't wanna stop casting to move out of a displacement, and melee are way to careless about where they are standing for Force Nova. We even had this happen quite a lot during the optional raids and even more on the scheduled raid day. Apparently mechanics are hard for most of our guild, so that's why we went to a easier fight light Kargath because getting 20 people gear is better than getting 14,15 people gear 

It's not that we didn't have tanks or healers, it's that people don't wanna stop casting to move out of a displacement, and melee are way to careless about where they are standing for Force Nova. We even had this happen quite a lot during the optional raids and even more on the scheduled raid day. Apparently mechanics are hard for most of our guild, so that's why we went to a easier fight light Kargath because getting 20 people gear is better than getting 14,15 people gear 

It's actually the reverse.  Kargath is harder on an individual level and Imperator is harder on a group level with regards to figuring out the strats and whatnot.  We already know the strat for Imperator and just need a night of good attempts with enough healers to down him.

You are right though in having to trim down the raid.  We won't trim for DPS reasons though, it will just be for healer reasons.  Imperator is a VERY demanding fight on healers.  Our best attempts on him had us using about 4 healers for every 15 people, but we'd like to overheal the fight to make it easier.  We will most likely be using all 7 healers (Our 6 main healers and me healing) and will be only using about 20 people total.  Is it overkill?  Perhaps.  Probably not, but perhaps.  But it will be the quickest and easiest way to down the boss.

How is Kargath harder? melee just need to move around a little bit, and range just need to be by a pillar 24/7. Also if one person fails a mechanic, it doesn't set the whole raid behind.

Whether it's 15 or 20 people, there's only a certain amount of pieces that will drop, so technically, you're only getting 5-6 people gear. It's irrelevant.

Only 3 pieces of loot drops for 15 people