Jan 11/12 .. maybe three months too.

Roqwell

Our next theatrical production this semester is "State of Mind," a devised play written by students and the director during the course of it's production.

For the 11/12 of this week, we are having auditions. Auditions are going to run from 8-10 PM each night (I don't know why there are two nights for auditions when callbacks are also Friday).

I can't say for sure whether any of what she's sent me as a draft are certain in the calendar, but currently it looks like I just.. won't raid.. for three months. Contrary to normal Berea theatre procedures where the first couple months of rehearsal are just 5 days a week from around 7-9 PM (meaning I could regularly be in attendance of the last half of raid), this director wants to schedule rehearsal all seven days of the week from 7:30-10:00 PM during the week and 1-4 PM on the weekend. Our first rehearsal, in fact, is apparently this Saturday.

I don't really want to use the forums as an outlet to vent about how this makes me feel but this news is kind of horrifying to me.

I'll let you all know what the finalized plans are for the calendar, but this is what I know as of today.

I've had a meeting with her and we've gone over the schedule and I've managed to talk her into making a few changes to better reflect the environment of the college and the schedules that students have on campus. I'll have an update by this Saturday as to whether or not I will truly be 100% out for the next three months or partially gone.