Rebel's Logic Post 6

Rebelogic

August 6-8, 2010: A mass of rambunctious young people with only a game in common, descended upon a small town near Buffalo New York. The result was an amazing weekend of controlled debauchery that stretched the limits of many of us and proved that our relationships can not only grow but can transcend the game. We are not the characters we play, we are characters in real life!

"Three man", Sex toys, illicit pictures, camping, great food, tons of alcohol, assault rifles, being visited by cops twice, fireworks, more great food, etc. The list goes on my friends. I am sure that the intricacies of this weekend will all will surface in the forums but I just wanted to focus on big things that made this entire weekend a blast.

The most important thing everyone has to realize is that there was a disconnect between the people who were there. That disconnect was proximity to each other; basically most of us had either only met a few people in real life or none at all. Therefore, when people arrived, a sense of awkward greetings was bound to happen, or so we thought. I calculated the time it took for people to warm up to the new people who were arriving. That time period of course was next to immediate. Hell, before I ascended the stairs into Gump's kitchen for the first time, Hillshire gave me a death grip of a hug. A hug that lasted so long that me and her actually moved into the kitchen as a single unit and I began to meet people with my hand outstretched to the side. After hugging and meeting everyone, I was immediately presented with a cow blow up doll sex toy from Unholy. Now, I am the raid leader and am sure that everyone there knows me pretty well, but this sort of mischievous comradery was extended to everyone who was there. All people were accepted with open arms and treated like family from the moment that they arrived, and that is the biggest reason that this was such a blast. Xavres said it best in the car ride back when he said, "I have been to family reunions that didn't feel as close as that." Of course, we cannot mention acceptance without mentioning the hospitality of the people who made us feel the most welcome and they are of course Perenelle and Gump. The two hosts let a bunch of people they never met, into their house for a weekend party. They made sure that we all had a great time from beginning to end and on behalf of everyone there, I would like to extend my deepest thanks. I firmly believe that it is in honor of the Gumps that we as a collective desired to pay them back by respecting one another, respecting the house, and making sure that all of us not only had a great time, but kept each other safe, and took care of each other when we had a "little too much", lol. We might of littered the house with cups, cans, and on one occasion, underwear, but I am glad that we all pulled together to help clean up as best we could. I thank everyone who was there for that.

I have always preached the idea that before you can have good players, you must have good people. I cannot name a single person that was at the party who I wouldn't absolutely love to play the game with. Ventrillo makes the game so much fun because you are interacting with real people. This weekend took that enjoyment to another level and the game seems to be transcended that much more! For all of you who wished to be there but couldn't, you were all there in spirit! Prydain however, was there in inflatable cow-form.

In parting, I would like to thank everyone again for coming, and say that I can't wait till we do something like this again!*

*Actually, maybe not too soon, I need some time to recover, haha.

Seriously... The more the merrier... We would have more people for 3man or blindmans bluff. I would have had more people to shotgun beer with. It would have only amp'd the fun. I was disapointed I did do 11 out of 13 shotguns by myself >.<

Was a truely awesome weekend, I haven't had that much fun at a party in awhile, and to aggree with xarv, i felt alot more comfortable and closer to you all then some of the family gatherings I attend. Thank you everyone that came out and thank you being a fun group. At a normal party you usually have 1 or 2 people that bring the mood down or are angry drunks, everyone this weekend was a happy drunk. Besides a few hiccups and some police showing up, the weekend went flawlessly. My thanks again to the gumps for hosting. and yes, that is a picture of unholy sticking a tent pole in my plumbers crack on the front page >.<

yes, that is a picture of unholy sticking a tent pole in my plumbers crack on the front page >.<

You'd been so generous over the weekend about giving your pole to other people, I only thought it was fair to give a little back.

>.< we aren't gonna talk about that,

Eh, whats the doctor need to know, as long as he keeps cream on it he's fine.

But yes, I was personally amazed at how easily people were able to warm up to eachother. I thought there was gonna be a period of awkward introductions, but no, everyone already knew each other as soon as they got there. I was more than ready to pass out hugs everywhere. It was like hanging in vent except you could actually talk to someone next to you without having to talk over everyone :P

My sincerest thanks to the gumps, I was truly humbled by your generosity and hospitality.

Yes on vent it's more difficult to get second hand geedub ball sweat on your face.... >.<

It's ok though, when you kissed me goodbye, it was right where she had put it. giggle

Sex toys

Toys? Hmm was there a sheep somewhere? I thought the cow was the only one.

Maybe Rebel counted himself as one. =D

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier by anyone so I will say it here. My younger brother and I always like to go on road trips. It is really good to know that there are a lot of people within reasonable driving distance to us. When he gets a break from school, I will definitely come up with some plans to visit you guys. Somehow, thinking of this get-together, certain places I thought were really far away, don't seem so far anymore :D

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier by anyone so I will say it here. My younger brother and I always like to go on road trips. It is really good to know that there are a lot of people within reasonable driving distance to us. When he gets a break from school, I will definitely come up with some plans to visit you guys. Somehow, thinking of this get-together, certain places I thought were really far away, don't seem so far anymore :D

You should totally visit me in with Yacoub

>.< we aren't gonna talk about that,

Ok. But at some point your doctor is going to need to know.

lol, I may have to considering the conduct of a certain someone at the party >.<, that was almost a huge mistake, thank god for new york state law

Everything that's legal isn't necessarily not a mistake.... Too many legal situations turn into accusations (founded or not). I've had friends get banned from college campuses when a girlfriend turned into an ex; by her choice, even.

And I'm with Unholy, I'd be leery of anyone giving it away THAT easy... I mean, most people, no matter how attractive someone is, take a little convincing.... or some money.