Warlocks in Cataclysm

Viledead

Seeing as we have a few locks in the guild, I thought I'd get a thread going on cata specs/itemization.

I've done a bunch of reading, and it seems like itemization is all over the place. For instance, for Destro Locks, at first everyone thought mastery & haste were pretty important, but now there is thinking that crit is key because it's important to use up all 3 charges of demon soul. I can say that 35k crits with demon soul up is pretty sweet! This is what I ran with last night. However, if you switch specs (ie going aff to ease healing), crit is less important. Also, as there is a bunch of movement, haste helps to get off that extra cast - which can't really be simcrafted.

I'm avoiding demo, but looks like they just stack haste, and mastery sucks. Aff, I think haste is best too.

What is interesting is that simcraft shows that haste, mastery, and crit are all more important than hit once you get to roughly 15%! However, this is the problem with simcraft - because while that might be true in an optimal environment, missing on a hard casted soul fire, well, sucks.

Also, it feels dirty casting soul fire as affliction..;)