Heroic Shannox 25Man

Lyntha

Heroic Shannox 25 is our next encounter; Read this link for more info:

http://wow.mmoscholar.com/2011/07/08/25man-heroic-shannox-guide/

This fight is largely reliant on having one EXCELLENT ranged DPS who can do excellent burst and kite at the same time. The best people for this are Hunters and Mages, so please research the rageface kiting portion of this fight if you are one of those two classes!

Meh I've been kiting Shannox since week 1. I can kite shannox and the dog for a good 5-10 seconds of extra kite time every time. Since melee doesn't really lose any DPS on movement, we'll probably just keep the ranged slows on the boss.

I can't remember for sure, but I think the debuffs (Rend/Frenzy) last longer on heroic.

Tears would stack up too fast and it'd be too difficult to create the separation needed unless I was a Warrior or we abused Priest grips/sprints. THat coupled with the fact that you're gaining so little means we're gonna 2 tank it.

Even if the debuffs last longer, I think we'll be alright. I can truly extend the time by a good 5-10 seconds each time. For a debuff that only lasts for 24 seconds, that's an eternity. We don't actually slow the dog on purpose or anything now so we might just have to purposefully slow him if necessary.

Nah you don't need to have a special class to do the kiting, and tears wouldn't stack past 5 because riplimb never returning the spear. However Shannox still throws his spear on cd regardless if the spear is returned or not.

This strat is more viable to do in 10m because having 7 dps instead of the normal 5 is just a huge increase in raid dps. No second tank taking damage. And it would actually result in less healing required on the tanks.

Here i'll leave you this video so you can see how it's done: