Heroic Majordomo 25Man

Lyntha

Domo will be our 3rd fight in 25-man and we may see him as early as this week if Rhyolith and Shannox go well, so please research this fight as well.

http://wow.mmoscholar.com/2011/08/17/25man-heroic-majordomo-guide/

This fight is probably the least changed from normal to heroic. We are just going to stay in cat phase for almost the whole time, only transitioning until right before the first cleave. By the end of the fight, the DPS have to visually rely on watching the cat and moving away in time to avoid taking damage from the cat's leap. Not only will the leap possibly kill you, it will also reset your concentration (100% damage buff) stack. It's all about burning hard and avoiding damage.

I've stolen this from someone else who stole it from their previous guild:

This is the strat my previous guild used to kill this boss.

There is really only one change to the encounter: Concentration

This buff stacks up and gives 100% increased damage and healing, but drops off if you take damage.

Also, Staghelm has ~2.5x more HP and keeps the 10min enrage.

Thus, the encounter comes down to avoiding taking damage and DPSing the fuck out of the boss. The DPS element is very much a gear and execution check.

The strategy we will use is quite elegant.

In order to maximize the uptime of the buff, we need to avoid people taking damage, so we will simply not soak any scythes.

We will pull the boss in Scorpion, but spread out before the first Scythe.

Then we will stay in Cat for 7 cats and collapse again to reset his Adrenaline.

Again, before the first Scythe we will spread out.

Lather rinse, repeat.

There are 3 consequences of this approach:

1) We will get seeds twice. However, we will end up spread out for the seed phase, which makes it much easier.

2) During the Cat phases people need to spread out, such that only the targeted person gets hit by the cat and no one else loses their buff stack.

3) We will get Orbs twice. This we will handle by adjusting the positioning so all the orbs spawn on one side of the room and then we will use immunities (Detterence, Ice Block, Bubble) to soak them with just 4 people rather then having the whole raid soak.

Basically, the going into cat phase before the orbs, when we spread out, the boss will be moved from the middle to about 1/2 to the wall. Then we move him closer to the wall when we spread out of the Scorpion and into the Cat phase that will have the orbs. The orbs will all spawn near the wall. After the Vortex, when he enters Cat everyone moves away from the orbs, to the middle/other side of the room. The soakers will individually soak all the orb beams, switching as needed.

This way the majority of the raid will be able to keep up their buff and focus on DPS rather than soaking.

Here's a diagram:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5609350/StaghelmRoom.png

We start the pull at 1, like normal.

First Cat is at 2, 2nd Cat is at 3 (still have seeds up), then the 3rd Cat has orbs, so we move to 4.

Repeat:

4th Cat at back at 2, 5th Cat at 3, 6th Cat is Orbs, so we move to 4.

Win

When looking at the diagram, that 3 and 4 should actually be up against the wall. So when you go to spread out from him, you run along the length of the wall to force him to transition. If you're at positions 3 and 4, never run towards the middle to force him to shift to cat. You'll risk orbs in really crappy places. By running along the walls, you force the orbs to be relatively close to those walls. Stampeding Roar to get the raid through them quickly to the other side. Mages and hunters will then use their cooldowns appropriately and tank ALL of the orbs. That way we only have maybe 4 people per orb rotation who have lost their stacks.

So as you read in the strat from Snuggel, pallies can clear seeds from themselves. I believe rogues might be able to cloak it off and DKs can AMS it. (Don't quote me on that. Just don't stand in the melee to test that.)

Due to the nature of the mechanics, the melee will be doing the bulk of the dps. Cleaving down adds and maintaining 100% concentration for nearly the entire fight. As ranged, don't go chasing Domo when he jumps away from you. Maintain max range since you'll need the space once he's jumped enough. He always jumps at 100, so keep an eye on his energy bar.

We use a prot pally to eat a cleave when he can. So we start the pull, lust at 100 concentration, eat the first cleave, let the energy build and spread at 70ish-80 energy. Do cat phase normally. Next scorpion, we stack until 70ish-80 energy and spread.

http://www.learntoraid.com/2011/08/20/majordomo-staghelm-video-strategy-guide-25-heroic/

Alternate write up and video.

Little tip on the orbs, they have unlimited range meaning that you don't have to be right on top of it.

Regarding cloak/ams, I'm almost 100% sure they don't clear the seed debuff. However they do avoid you from taking damage, keeping your 100% concentration.

You can also make the melee take some orbs during the cat orb phase depending on your strat.

What if you AMS on the transition is what I think he's getting. AMS prevents application of harmful debuffs so one would assume that it would prevent the application of the seed, since it's a harmful debuff. Cloak also says that it causes a 100% chance for all spells to be resisted. By the same token, would deterrence work? If so, you could potentially prevent the debuff application to:

Rogues (Cloak)

DK (AMS)

Pallies (Bubble)

Mages (Ice Block)

Hunter (Deterrence)

Didn't realize there were posts here. I don't know for sure if AMS/Cloak prevent the application. I only heard about it in vent, but didn't bother to ask.

Your holy pallies/mages/hunters shouldn't use their cooldowns to prevent seed damage for the sake of their concentration. They'll need it to tank orbs. (Depending on strat.)