Final four bosses in LFR (first time through)

Viledead

per Berms request, thought I'd through up quick thoughts on LFR final four bosses.

All in all: doable.

ultraxion - about 1/2 the raid never clicked the button. Only wiped once because healers didn't know to click crystal things. Raid dps was low, but didn't matter.

Warlord - nothing special - just getting people to stack when necessary. Honestly it barely felt like a boss - just "super" trash. Ranged kill ranged stuff.

Spine - we 1 shotted because we had a raid leader take over and constantly give instructions and mark. We actually failed at killing the thing that closes the plate the first time, but still no problems (health was low when re-opened it). Dmg from adds is relatively low - when we had tons of bloods up I probably had aggro on most and didn't die.

Madness - I had to go after two wipes because it's looooong. But the group probably did it. choose blue last because raid dps will be low. tank picking up that spawned tentacle thing was slow, so be careful to wait for him to establish threat. People can't die before final phase or you probably won't have the dps to get back on deathwing because adds will take too long.

All in all, as I said completely doable. I would recommend to do raid finder earlier in the reset cycle right now as I think we all noticed that sunday/monday is filled with alts doing 12k. Weekend days are probably bad too with all the ultra-casuals.

tl;dr: wiping on madness near the end sucks.

What happens if you don't click the button in ultraxion? They just take damage but doesnt kill them?

Im thinking we're gonna do this during the guild run next week. While it sucks to spend time not doing "Progression", doing 1-4 in LFR was a GREAT way to get tons of quick loot. 30 minutes for 4 bosses worth of loot? Yes, please. Some things like the trinkets or weapons are very good upgrades.

yeah getting some will of unbindings even LFR is great for the raid. Surprising that every raider isn't doing LFR - but it is truly a gamble (ie losing WoU to that half afk lock in blue pvp gear with no gems/enchants).

For ultraxion - just take a bunch of dmg. Looked like about 100k I'm guessing.

Edit - also ilvl 384 tier is probably an upgrade for set bonus purposes for a lot of people.

Edit Edit - it also means people will at least see and become familiar with basic mechanics.

Edited by Viledead

yep had to get blood stacks on the guy. The bloods when they died put little globules on the ground, which could be picked up at any time.

Madness - yeah switching to bolts is mandatory, but they had under 2 mil health and dropped super fast. little adds from hemorrage were easily aoe'd. when we didn't do blue last, the adds had to single targeted rather than aoe'd because every 10 seconds they would recover 50% of health. by doing blue last this didn't happen.

war master - yeah people had to go stack in void circles - the only mechanic other than a front cleave that matttered. there was raid dmg, but nothing healers couldn't handle.

I haven't seen any of these fights on normal, and like most of the raid didn't even watch videos before. In fact, I had no idea what final 4 bosses would look like other than ultraxion (which I saw in prydains group).

Edited by Viledead

Ultraxion - No Fading Light mechanic?

Warmaster - Of the adds you saw on the deck, was there one called "Twilight Sapper"?

Warmaster - During Phase 1, there are the purple swirls that the raid is supposed to stack in. During Phase 2, the drake in the air puts down void circles you're not supposed to stand in. Can you confirm which of these were in play?

Spine - Please clarify the blood globule pick up mechanic. I didn't understand that one. In normal, you have one tank tank all the bloods and excess amagamations, while the other tank holds an amalgamation against the plate and dps taunt over bloods to kill at that one. At 9 stacks, it blows up. How did this mechanic change? Did the tentacles stun random people and were people required to dps the tentacle to break the stun? Did you ever have more than one amalgamation up?

Madness - In normal there are several types of adds/targets. Can you confirm which of these were present?

Platform kill targets: Claw, Giant Tentacle on other end of the platform, Elementium Bolt, Bloods, and Small Tentacles which spawn behind the claw. If the small tentacles were present, did they have the significant cleave/aoe damage reduction? In normal, if you have an ability which does x damage per target, it will do x to the one you are targetting and the rest will take much less damage. Almost requires you to single target them down unless you have an OP cleave. (CL)

If we're looking into the swirling void in the middle, what was the kill order used? (I didn't pay attention to drakes last week.) If you look at the middle and count the platforms as 1-4, was the kill order 3,2,1,4? (Zoning in on 3.)

Were you required to spread out for the giant tentacle due to the flail damage? (Assuming this add was present.)

On Phase 2 - Did you get all of the buffs back? (Extra button returns in this phase on normal.) Did any adds spawn during this phase? Did those adds cast "Shrapnel"?

Can't think of more questions at the moment.

to add to this - i was doing LFR on work laptop at the office occasionally alt-tabbing to get work done..;) So it's *possible* that I missed some stuff..;)

no clue about twilight sappers

yes for both purple swirls

for bloods - when you kill them, no matter where you killed them, they would drop something on the ground. tank who has the amalgamation thing would just run it over the blobs on the ground. so you could see one go from 0 stacks to 8 (or whatever) right away. no stuns by tentacles

madness - there was this big tentacle thing in the back you had to burn, then kill bolt, then kill off that tentacle thing, then aoe adds (all the same), then finish of deathwing limb. Order was platform you start on, left, far left, far right i think. maybe it was far left second, i forget.

For small tentacles cleave dmg was easy enough - there were a few raiders who got on them right away and they were burned without anyone even noticing them.

Ultraxion, only people who needs to hit Heroic Will are the tanks

Warmaster, only change is no sapppers

Spine, no Barrel Roll, no healing debuff, no stun. Which means kill 1 Corruption and 1 Amalgamation per plate (if you kill the tendon in 1 'exposure')

Madness, no change at all (just lower numbers)