25-Man Heroic

Zenzae

I'm drafting this post because I want to relay my reservation of what we will embark on today and have given it some thought.

It's common knowledge that we are make attempt at H Morchok today and I have some concerns. First off our strategy with the crystals. I feel we should assign 7 ppl before the spilt and 14 people (7 on each side after the split) to manage crystals. That way there is no confusion who is doing what and when. The melee soakers next to the tank our rogues are fine they just need to get better at mitigating at the right time we may have to try other classes in the melee role.

The other point I would like to make is gear. If we plan to push heroic mode content I say we resume guild LFR runs again in the mean time. That way we can fill holes for people that really need it and can at least be on par with the rest of the group. I noticed that people are getting snippy and bickering and in my time in ATR that has been a minimal issue. At the end of the day you still have to respect your fellow players but that accountablility falls on the individual not the leadership. The only thing leadership can do is encourage everyone to do so and be respectful.

Regarding respect/snippiness issues:

When I was one of the more active raid-leaders, I liked to be fully hands-on. The officers who are raid-leading now are a bit more contemplative when it comes to addressing issues. I liked to head things off immediately, they like to be more contemplative about things. For example: after a wipe, I liked to instantly recap what we could do better and say what we're gonna do differently next time. I liked to do that because it was still fresh in everyone's minds and to head off comments from other people (To keep feedback to our raiders more centralized). Although I haven't raided much recently, when I have I've seen that people are generally most snippy right after a wipe and like to call people out to fix errors. Let the officers do their thing. If you guys see something, let them know. Let the raid-wide communication go through them. I had tons of people whisper me with stuff constantly when I was RLing. Give the other officers a chance to receive and process this information instead of just blurting it out.

Otherwise, thanks Zenzae!

Edit: Regarding LFR: Does anybody actually still NEED LFR Gear? How many people are still rocking 378 or lower pieces? When i said that we were probably going to stop running it, that was based on the assumption that almost nobody still needed gear.

Snug,

I mostly filled my 378 holes with valor gear. However, the 4-piece set bonus eludes me right now. I'm thinking in terms of getting everyone who raids with us at least 4 piece be it 384 and above going into Heroics. We also have some new faces in guild that really need the gear and are filling in critical roles.