Heroic Blackhorn Macros

Sazda

Here are the two macros you asked for that I am using now for Blackhorn - I considerably upped my DPS since using them for this fight:

The most important one is the first: I have my pet on passive for the whole fight and control it with this macro as well as standard pet commands. It goes something like this:

/tar Twilight Elite Slayer

/tar Twilight Elite Dreadblade

/petattack

/tar focustarget

/tar [modifier:Alt] Twilight Elite Dreadblade

Hitting this macro will make the pet attack a Dreadblade. If none is up, it will attack a Slayer. In either case, it will target the current focus target after the pet has been set to attack so you can keep hitting the Drake. If there is no drake up, I simply hit the macro while having ALT pressed, then my target will be set to the Dreadblade so I can hit him. Your pet should now be constantly in fight. The only thing you have to do is manually tell it to attack once Goriona lands and when you switch DPS to Blackhorn. This following macro simply targets a Drake and sets it as focus, unless there is a Sapper on board which would always be the target:

/tar Twilight Assault Drake

/focus

/tar Twilight Sapper

I am also going to change my Hunter's Mark macro just for this fight to:

/focus

/cast Hunter's Mark

Guaranteeing that every target I put Hunter's Mark on will be a focus target, which helps in combination with the first macro I posted (I usually use focus target for the tank and MD, but that is not needed in this fight - plus I will probably change that anyways soonish).

One more thing: It takes a little getting used to these macros once you use them for the first time. Changing habits always takes a bit of getting used to. So do not be encouraged if you perform slightly worse at first. Once you mastered these, you will have a noticeable DPS boost.

Another thought:

People tend to vastly underestimate the power of target macros. Don't make that mistake!

Edited by Sazda