raid tonight

Sazda

Anything us non-officers can do to prepare for the raid? I feel like there should have been a post here since a good while with stuff like: "what gear to get from reputation stuff, dungeons etc?", "what reputation to farm?", "which boss guide to read in order to prepare for the first raid?", "What flasks/food etc. to get?" and similar stuff.

Yeah I have no gems or enchants yet. Nothing that can't be fixed prior to raid start time tonight. I have no idea what my stat priority is now as a shadow priest. hit cap, and all the int I can muster of course. But beyond that not sure if it's haste, mast, crit or what anymore.

one thing i just learned last night:

Do the dire brew thingy in the dungeon finder window (drop down box)... that thing hands out some nice 470 trinket.

http://www.icy-veins.com/brewfest-2012-wow

Other than that - get your hands on a good weapon. Alternatively, there is this group event at the temple of the white tiger in Kun Lai that gives out decent raid starter weapons.

Also:

Go through all the reputation factions (you do not need any rep with them anymore for JP gear) and replace your sub-450 gear with free 450 items.

This is the first week so we are being lenient with everyone when it comes to Gear, Gems, Enchants etc. This upcoming week is when we expect everyone to really hammer out the heroic grind and get raid ready. Most consumables are absurdly expensive and we don't expect everyone to spend 5k on a meta gem that will cost 500g next week, for example. Just do whatever you can to get raid ready and use common sense. Coming to raid ungemmed is unacceptable because green gems are super cheap and you can easily use those. Same thing with cheap enchants. But meta gems on the other hand were 4k last I checked, which seems outrageous.

We are going to decide what size raid we run this week depending on how many people are actually fully raid ready and how many healers we got. I know that we have enough tanks but having enough healers is a bit more concerning. Myself, Eternal and Thundere are ready but Jlogg and Deft just hit 90 and I'm not sure if Deft is even raiding with us. Most of the other healers at 90 (Lyshani, Iscruff) won't be raiding with us.

I'm not worried about boss guides because we'll figure it out as we go. I start worrying about guides when we reach heroics because the mechanics are so punishing but with normal modes, we're perfectly capable of figuring it out ourselves.

There will be a DKP post later today covering the rules of our DKP system as well so look out for that.

Wanted to toss out there that the idea of gemming straight int isn't necessarily the case anymore. No clue about specific spec's - but I can say that all the AH peeps are focusing more on hybrid gems because secondary stats appear to have gained in priority (i think higher item budget or something).

All the int in the world means nothing if I can't execute a basic rotation. During our MV attempts, I was doing about 50k hps but going oom in 2 minutes or so. This was not me spamming big heals or something. It was me casting the most basic, cheap spells. So I'm going heavily spirit.