Late(r) 10m raid group

Holyshade

For those of us who didn't, or can't go in the 25m, myself and others will be starting up a 10m wed/thurs nights, around 9-12, 10-1, area.

Just throwing out a post to see who's interested and able, and go from there.

Currently we have myself (Lyshani, Tree)

Playbyplay (Mistwalker)

Rugburn (Prot Pally)

Evadd* (Bear Druid) Taunkatruck** (Prot Warr) Eboo** (Prot Warr)

Aweburn (Mage)

Bigbubble (Spriest)

Tychondris (Hunter)

Glitterstim (Enh shaman)

* -> One of the 2 main tanks with Rugburn, potential to miss nights

** -> Shaky hours, both will be back up tanks, hopefully at least one of their hours will line up with any time Evadd has to bail

Need, 1 dps, 1 healer, Much prefer it to to be a melee.

Post here or whisper me ingame so we can see what we have to go with!

Edited by Lyshani

I don't mean to hijack your thread but the 3 days things is still TBD. When I put up the poll initially on the forums, the feedback was universally to go 2 days. But the people voting were probably all of the most veteran people who have been raiding DS non-stop for the past year and would like a break. Now I'm getting a lot more feedback that people will want to do 3 days. We'll see how Sunday look but I'm thinking that it'll be 2 days in the end with Sunday being optional and largely 10mans.

The one thing I don't want to do with this raid is steal away people the 25m needs, (and this comment is not at all directed at anyone, just having this brought up i should've added it to the original post), you guys already have a your group set and I see no reason for this group to throw that off at all. That being said, i am hoping this will end up being a competent 10m raid as well

what raiders do you know you have right now?

off the top of my head you have:

Glitter

Lyshani

Bigbubble

Rugburn

Evade

Aweburn

PlaybyPlay

...who am I missing?

If needed I can create a realm forum post and trade chat macro to recruit for your empty spots. Just let me know if you would need the help.

Lyshani:

If you need ranged DPS this is something that I would be interested in. With my work shcedule the way it is (during the week / Mon-Fri) I'm either rushing like hell to get home to make the main 25 man raid on time or I'll be running a few minutes late either way.

Something that starts later or runs on weekends would be great. I wouldnt have to rush home & I could have a chance to rest & relax for a while before the raid starts.

the list i have is those minus evadd, idk if goose has talked to him but i have not. And I have no problem recruiting and if it does come to that I would definitely appreciate your help, but going into this I wasn't thinking we'd be recruiting considering how many players we have in guild and just consistently on and playing on any given night

The one thing I don't want to do with this raid is steal away people the 25m needs, (and this comment is not at all directed at anyone, just having this brought up i should've added it to the original post), you guys already have a your group set and I see no reason for this group to throw that off at all. That being said, i am hoping this will end up being a competent 10m raid as well

You do not need to worry about that. I believe most (all?) players in the 25m are there because they prefer 25m raiding over 10m.

In my case, I really do not want to commit to 3 raid nights a week and the 25m is currently deciding whether that is the move they want to do. If that happens, I would rather go 10m and get to stay in this guild than find another guild that raids twice a week.

Good luck with the idea though - I hope it works out great for you and the whole guild :)

oooooohhhh... heres a question... we gonna be using the same DKP system as the main 25? or have y'all discussed loots yet?

No one has really discussed it at all, but i was just assuming with 10 of us, most likely each going the same people every week we do it, we'd just do rolls with a general honor system of letting loot go to the person who greatly needs it. I wasn't planning on doing a loot council sort of thing either because I don't at all feel that's necessary, but as an example, if there's a minor upgrade for me, and a considerably larger upgrade for you for a leather caster piece, i'll pass it to you.

(anything I'm saying is in no way set in stone, I'm just throwing out what makes sense to me and am open to any discussions people want to have)

it's your guys 10 man, you do loot how you want. As of right now none of the officers will be joining your group, so it's all up to you guys to decide, also, you guys need to establish your raid leader on who will directing your group.

How I see it is anything like that just adds an unnecessary level of complexity that, in the end, really accomplishes nothing in a 10m that *shouldn't* be switching around people much, but I won't crack the whip if someone has an opinion they'd like to add

Right now, i'm looking for a plate dps, and a holy pally. The holy pally can be switched for a resto shaman but i would prefer the pally. For melee i'd like plate first (no gear competition) rogue, monk or feral next (prefer the rogue or monk), i'm not going for another enh shaman 'cause that'd be 3 agi mail wearers. If forced into 4 ranged, I'd like an ele shaman (same reason as the plate dps) followed by a lock (bigbubble is the only priest, so slightly less competition with him able to get spirit for hit), lastly a moonkin, (identical gear to 2 of the healers, would rather avoid)

Moral of this story, Hpally or resto shaman, plate or leather melee dps is what we need.

Edited by Lyshani

To put in my input i'd recommend pretty much just a low drama /roll system, where how big of an upgrade is at least considered. Especially when running with (hopefully) the same 10 people each week, there shouldnt be much drama about loot. I would recommend not having the tank or raid leader also responsible for loot tho... they should be focused on pulling the next trash etc to keep up the flow of the raid instead of sitting for 5 minutes after each boss distributing loot

Moral of this story, Hpally or resto shaman, plate or leather melee dps is what we need.

just to put it at the bottom in case ppl just look at the last post. plate dps would only be in competition with the plate tanks, so none really for dps gear, and the holy pally would have no competition what-so-ever on gear, other than trinks/weps. Resto sham is pretty much the same as the hpally, but slightly less ideal for comp (i believe).

btw, idk if ive EVER seen a raid group actually looking for plate dps... so many retadins/warrs/DK's...

Do you have anyone that can go off-spec DPS when you don't need 3 healers? Some of the later fights in MSV right now kind of require 2 healers due to strict enrage timers. It'd be best if it were a ranged dps, obviously.

Also, have you considered going with 11 people? You don't wanna be stuck and not being able to raid if one guy doesn't show up (Which WILL happen - stuff comes up).