Challenge Mode tips and tricks

Viledead

Hi All,

Thought I'd start a thread on challenge mode tips and tricks, as I found a few interesting things.

Your gear is scaled down to 463 iLevel. Stats go with it. This has a big impact on hit - for example, as a hybrid counting on spirit-to-hit, you will lose hit. As dps counting on reforges for hit, the original stat goes down, which means the hit will go down. Could be worth it to have a 463 set kicking around for challenge modes (ie stick with the 463 piece not the 476 or 489 piece) so you can control stats.

Also, people commented that invisibility potions help - you can skip some trash this way in some cases. 10 min CD, but you can use 1-2 times per clear.

Most people comment that melee is punished a bit in challenge modes, but many gold groups had two melee. Another case of skill > all.

For easiest challenge mode, many say that Gate of the Setting Sun is one of the easiest along with scarlett halls.

Best to have some form of bloodlust as well. So shaman, mage or even hunter pet I guess.

Guide here which helps:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6863526914?page=1

It DOES - that's a post from july, here is a post from October:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350670

I know this thread’s a few days old now, but I’d like to clarify the cause for concern here so others are aware. Balkoth, we were able to track down a bug pertaining to item scaling in Challenge Modes, but it’s not related solely to classes that use a spirit -> hit conversion.

What you’re noticing is a bug specifically involving reforging. If you reforge out of crit/haste/mastery INTO hit or expertise, then when the crit/haste/mastery gets scaled down, you also lose a percentage of the reforged hit/expertise. So, it's not a class or spec issue -- it affects all players who have reforged into hit/spirit equally.

Given the way stat scaling and reforging mechanics work, this is kind of a tricky issue to fix, but we’re looking into it.

Most of the important DPS and most of your time spent is on trash, which isn't lvl 93. Hell, it's probably more DPS to be hit-capped for the trash only and pour it into other stats.

I would say just go with whatever gear you have. If you lose hit/expertise, you'll be fine.