10m roster flux

playbyplay

Hey, just figured i'd start another new 10m thread to kind of freshly organize some of my thoughts on our roster, including fillins etc

Tanks:

Evadd - Bear druid

Rugburn - Prot Pala (offspec ret for 1 tank fights)

Taunka* - prot warr (?)- not sure if just dps or tank or both

DPS:

melee:

Wreckx - Frost DK

Playbyplay - WW monk (offspec for 2 heal fights)

Eveningbark* - feral kitty druid

Ranged:

Aweburn - Frost mage

Infertil - Spriest

Tychondris - BM/SV hunter

Wingsmcgee - BM/SV(?) hunter

Heals:

Khelendross - resto shaman

Playbyplay - Mistweaver monk

Tyggles* - holy paladin

Pèrfèction* - resto druid

*- designates ambiguity regarding fill in vs permanent.

(idk if this is 100% accurate, so please correct me if i'm wrong!)

one question here for me is regarding Tyggles, is he wanting to permanently be in the group (as raiding with him has been awesome and consistent the last two weeks!) or is he a fill in for lack of a permanent replacement? Perfection should be geared this week or next for MV, and definitely wants to raid, afaik.

I included evening and taunka because i remember them wanting to be considered for filling in when they can/if needed...

Also, now that we should have MV on farm and start working on progress thru HoF, should we start subbing in the fill-ins to keep them up to date with gear etc, or due to it just being 10m, focus on the 10 constants we have? ...just writing some thoughts out to see what y'all think mainly for discussion. i tend to overthink things, and i am probably only doing this to distract myself from all the stupid class work i have to get done this week lol.

EDIT: it's probably way too early to think about subs as we finally nailed down a solid setup...

gear/armor type analysis:

1 tank plate

1.5 dps plate (0.5 for offspec)

1 heal plate

2 agi mail

1 heal mail

2.5 agi leather (0.5 for offspec and including evening as main spec)

2 heal leather (including perfection)

2 clothy dps

...so it seems to be a decently fair gear path, lets look at tokens:

Conqueror (paladin, priest, lock)- 3

Vanquisher (rogue, mage, DK, druid)- 3-5 (depending on evening/perf)

Protector (Hunter, warr, sham, monk)- 4-5 (depending on taunka)

pretty even spread here too!

some final questions:

tbd

Edited by playbyplay

yeah, i tossed it up quick before i had to run across campus for class...

fixed* and added gear breakdowns by armor type/class, including tokens

i think one of my concerns here is regarding our heal comp, im happy to sit when necessary, cause MW got nerfed down to painful levels of uselessness for the time being (but i did come to raid, so idk about sitting every heal fight lol)... i would feel bad though, after asking perfection to buy a transfer and pick up playing again to fill our heal spot, then have it filled while he takes for freaking ever to gear up (due to causes beyond his control... his dad's open heart surgery). I do very much enjoy the fact that we have healers from all three different tier tokens, and 3 different armor types. I think there is good synergy regardless of which 2-3 we bring in any fight, but idk if we are "hardcore" enough to sit ppl based on class, seeing as we just got rolling with a solid comp. its nice to have backups in place for when people cant show, but figuring out an effective way to gear them without doing entire alt runs seems difficult to me (blood legion has 2-3 full raids worth of alts that run weekly to flesh out their comp and gear their bench... LOLOLOL)... IDK if anyone has ideas or input on a fair way to do it, especially on a twice a week schedule, but that'd be awesome. Probably speaking too soon about all this, but i just wanted to open discussion for it.