5.4 Resto Shaman

Crazy

I've talked to Jay a lot about Resto shaman builds. Personally, I asked one of the Fatboss guys (Loz) who mains a Resto shaman. He said that when you get to Normal plus SoO, crit starts being a more benificial build than Mastery. That being said, if you don't have the a lot of the pure crit gear, then it downs your play. Jay went pure crit but lowered on hps because of this.

To be honest shaman healing is piss easy this x-pac. Just make sure you keep up Earth Shield, healing stream, and healing rain. The CD's don't line up perfectly but you should use unleashed elements (with the earth living weapon enhancement of course) for every healing rain. This makes healing rain more powerful. You should also use riptide on CD for the HoT and buff it gives. (The buff makes it so the next two Healing Waves/GHW take less time to cast, or makes healing surge more powerful) after messing with Jay, I found out that GHW does more healing, but takes a little longer to cast, but less mana. J uses surge and I use Greater Healing Wave. It is preference at this part. NOTE: Chain Heal also gives this buff.) If you don't have the riptide buff, healing surge is a good "oh shit" button for single heals. Filler is Chain Heal on a Riptided target. Chain Heal Chain Heal Chain Heal. Personally, when nobody needs riptide due to a DoT mechanic, I riptide myself and chain heal my self in a group, this is usually when there is low damage, otherwise, take a player from melee (or ranged but they usually spread on non stacking fights because they hate us) and riptide them and start chain healing! While you are having SOOOooo much fun pressing one button to win, make sure you press other buttons like healing rain or healing stream on CD.

Major Cooldowns: 
Healing Tide: omfg one button everyone full health 2 ex bb gg. You can use this with ascendance or not, depend how low everyone is.

Healing stream + ascendance: if you don't know what ascendance is, for restoration shamans, it duplicates all healing and spreads it across all ally's. (This can be monitored on Skada/recount on the healing meters by looking at restorative mists) since healing tide does so much by itself, I use this as another CD. For this to work, make sure you have a fresh healing rain,healing stream, and riptide at the ready. Use unleash elements healing rain combo onto the most populated area. Place Riptide on a person in a populated area. Then place healing stream and immediately go into ascendance form. Start chain healing the fuck out of the Riptided target and enjoy your make shift healing cooldown!

Spirit link: places a totem at the back left of the shaman (not the feet which can be infuriating) with a small area that reduces damage by 10% and splits the damage taken evenly across all targets in the totem. This is good for fight like Malk at blood rage phase.

Mana tide totem: gives mana to everybody based on 200% of your spirit. Pop this when healers are low on mana, or just you being oom (you might wanna check water shield though!)

Stormlash totem: gives people a little extra damage by making their attacks lighteningy.

Astral shift: THIS IS YOUR ONLY DEFENSIVE MAKE SURE YOU SPEC INTO IT!!!

Theory Crafting: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3050-siege-of-orgrimmar-restoration-shaman-style/