Wed 11th & Next Week

Roqwell

Being house manager for Senior Showcase, I am required to attend the tech rehearsals (one of which is this Wednesday) and the performances (which start next Tuesday until Saturday). I need to arrive at 7:00PM and shows generally go until 10:30PM. During these times I won't be able to attend raid.

I guess that works out for this week given the plan for what we're going to kill.

Nothing available for next week though.

I'm seriously not trying to miss so much raiding this semester, I've just been presented a lot of opportunities for the first time since coming to this college and I don't want to turn any of them down.

1 hour ago, Mastric said:

Why you do dis!

Well, I'm currently in college with opportunities to received experience going into a field where like many they expect experience from freshly graduated college students (who generally have no experience being freshly graduated) and would generally desire to have some form of security that my resume is decent enough I'll find work so that I won't graduate and immediately work as a waiter like others from my major who have left the college. Furthermore, I suppose I want to explore as many opportunities as I can involving different networks of the theatre so that I have a broad range of careers to choose from depending on what is available to me upon graduation should there be anything. I guess really I'm just so terrified of what life will be like outside my Berea bubble that I want to work as hard as I can doing as many things as I can so that I'll possibly be successful enough walking across the stage I'll actually have somewhere else to go and won't become another horror story of the theatre and drop off the face of recognition to being a forgotten student without a penny to my name living off my parent's paycheck like my brother. On that subject, I suppose, I push far and beyond to occupy my time with my success so that I don't follow my brother's example of being a college drop-out, void of hope, living each day in a monotone routine lacking fulfillment. Pursuing that goal, in hopes, so that my parents can better focus their time and energy into keeping my brother from the noose and waste nothing on me who has long since avoided that fate through the pursuit of opportunities so that I may never return to such a morbid occupation as mental deterioration tends to be (as my brother has taken as a solemn career). As both of my majors decree, I am required to work excessive hours outside of class in order to work on my projects enough that they would be presentable for public viewing. Therefore, because of requirements preset before I was birthed I must spend much of my time away from a laptop actively producing artwork or managing actors in an exhausting but rewarding field. Never would I plan to miss out on adventures plunging into the hellfire depths of a pixelated experience with my beloved friends, but such is the time requirement of my majors that consistently pulls me away from an activity that honestly, at best, is a pleasant distraction from the stressful and sometimes overwhelming load I am faced trying to gain valuable experiences, fulfilling my general education requirements, completing courses required of my majors, and walk the stage with a resume worthy of employment.

TL;DR

Just 'cause.

• Like 1

That was actually quite worth the read.  

Since highschool I've focused on pixelated experiences and used my skill to twist it to my will. Some call it IT.

Not sure I know what your majors are.

• Like 1

I'm a double major in Theatre and Studio Art with a focus on painting.

Two majors that manly elderly people - who I suppose mean well - will advise me not to have because they find it a dying career in both cases. I mean yeah, both of those career paths are harder to find work but not impossible and they're more rewarding for me.

9 hours ago, Roqwell said:

I don't follow my brother's example of being a college drop-out, void of hope, living each day in a monotone routine lacking fulfillment.

It's like you're the sister that I never knew!!!

9 hours ago, Roqwell said:

Never would I plan to miss out on adventures plunging into the hellfire depths of a pixelated experience with my beloved friends

Dese words be too smart for Mort.

2 hours ago, Phobia said:

all I read was "fallout came out today, i won't be here, these things are not connected, I swear"

I don't play shooters and have never played any of the games in the Fallout series.

Also, I don't give a shit about Fallout.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2015, 13:30:46, Roqwell said:

Well, I'm currently in college with opportunities to received experience going into a field where like many they expect experience from freshly graduated college students (who generally have no experience being freshly graduated) and would generally desire to have some form of security that my resume is decent enough I'll find work so that I won't graduate and immediately work as a waiter like others from my major who have left the college. Furthermore, I suppose I want to explore as many opportunities as I can involving different networks of the theatre so that I have a broad range of careers to choose from depending on what is available to me upon graduation should there be anything. I guess really I'm just so terrified of what life will be like outside my Berea bubble that I want to work as hard as I can doing as many things as I can so that I'll possibly be successful enough walking across the stage I'll actually have somewhere else to go and won't become another horror story of the theatre and drop off the face of recognition to being a forgotten student without a penny to my name living off my parent's paycheck like my brother. On that subject, I suppose, I push far and beyond to occupy my time with my success so that I don't follow my brother's example of being a college drop-out, void of hope, living each day in a monotone routine lacking fulfillment. Pursuing that goal, in hopes, so that my parents can better focus their time and energy into keeping my brother from the noose and waste nothing on me who has long since avoided that fate through the pursuit of opportunities so that I may never return to such a morbid occupation as mental deterioration tends to be (as my brother has taken as a solemn career). As both of my majors decree, I am required to work excessive hours outside of class in order to work on my projects enough that they would be presentable for public viewing. Therefore, because of requirements preset before I was birthed I must spend much of my time away from a laptop actively producing artwork or managing actors in an exhausting but rewarding field. Never would I plan to miss out on adventures plunging into the hellfire depths of a pixelated experience with my beloved friends, but such is the time requirement of my majors that consistently pulls me away from an activity that honestly, at best, is a pleasant distraction from the stressful and sometimes overwhelming load I am faced trying to gain valuable experiences, fulfilling my general education requirements, completing courses required of my majors, and walk the stage with a resume worthy of employment.

that was a read and a half... also unrelated to the wall hurry back we need you so we not suck. break a leg on the performances. other encouraging statements.  i was going to write something but then i read this and was actually impressed by some drive and determination. in which regard i would like to offer good luck figure everything out in the career paths you may or may not follow. unless its all theater related in which case break a leg (or whatever the correct statement is supposed to be). 

On 11/10/2015, 7:17:54, Roqwell said:

I don't play shooters and have never played any of the games in the Fallout series.

Also, I don't give a shit about Fallout.

Mmm that's just what someone who skipped raid to play fallout would say :P

But seriously hats off to ya!