tyrant velhari

Kai

I guess this forum isn't used much, but well, some stuff I think can be improved. In phase 1 we are taking obscene amount of damage from the 'don't move' aura. some people are close to 1m damage taken just from that in a phase that lasts 90 seconds:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zwn3VkXtjQ68fHWJ#fight=17&type=damage-taken&ability=184990

that's insane. obviously people are gonna die when edict/tempest happens. when tempest comes up (the thing that puts exploding circles under your feet), you can get away with minimal movement. the way it works is that you take about 35k damage when the circle spawns. then said circle explodes 2 seconds later. the spell gets channeled for four seconds. one circle spawns every second.
what you want to do is:
1s: first circle spawns under you. do not move.
2s: 2nd circle spawns under you. move 2 yards to the side, just out of the circle.
3s: 3rd circle spawns on your new location. do not move. the very 1st circle explodes.
4s: 4th circle spawns on your new location. the second circle at your initial location explodes. move back to where you stood when tempest started.

in short:
circle, circle, move a little, circle, circle, move back to original spot. you moved 2 yards back and forth and took almost no additional damage.

When the circles spawn the 35k dmg  you take is A) unavoidable and B) splash damage.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zwn3VkXtjQ68fHWJ#fight=17&type=damage-taken&ability=180312

that's why you see some melees taking 12-13 hits and the range exactly 8 (if they were alive). and the mages 9 because they are BFF and hugged each other. mages ...

taking 12-13 isn't the end of it, but if you stack more then that, you might die from the splash damage. wasn't a problem yesterday, just wanted to mention it.

edict: that's the unfriendly purple hammer. it pulses 3 times, first it hits everyone in a radious around the target within ~40 yards, then ~20, then ~10.

Right now we have range run to stack in the middle. and we usually have people die. we're very far spread out, lots of running = lots of damage from the 'don't run'-aura. plus running healers don't heal. let range stand much close to melees (at most 20y, ideally 10-15), there's no drawback to that. and let the edict target just run on top of melee. much safer, doesn't cost us healing/dps from running.

phase 2, we were just way too spread out. everyone stacks on one side of the boss. if you have font, move to the other. if your font debuff is below 5s, run out, wait until it's gone, run back into the non-font camp. having people stand 20y from the boss means running, healing and edict handling is just too messy. no reason not to stack up on melees.

healing setup:
I know aoe healing numbers and especially resto shamans (due to their mastery increasing healing done to targets on low HP and in phase 2 the aura reduces HP) numbers look cool. but they aren't nearly as cool as you might think. the aura just soaks up the healing and dmg meters/logs can't handle that.

offthechain's healing for phase 2:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zwn3VkXtjQ68fHWJ#fight=17&type=healing&source=4&start=3888157&end=3973435

chain heal overheal: 0%

for iskar:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zwn3VkXtjQ68fHWJ#fight=1&type=healing&source=4

chain heal overheal: 60%

Don't get me wrong, shamans are great for that fight. people are stacked, the cooldowns are awesome, the mastery IS great. but they aren't nearly as great as your damage meter tells you.

not having a disciple priest for phase 2 is just bad. we kill the add first, that means the aura goes up quite a lot. having shaman/shaman/monk is great raid healing, but the shields actually save people from dieing. sure, the second shaman tops healing, but you're just taking raid healing from ansky and lihuai and transfer it to the second shaman. while a lot of absorbs that actually save someone from edict damage and give the raid healers the time to do their stuff.

oh yeah, work is kinda boring this week!

I gave up trying to give advices on boss strats after I was kindly told that they didn't give a shit how I used to do it (even if it's clearly more efficient) on behalf that the current strat has worked at some point in the past of the current timeline.

Hopefully you get a bit more consideration than I can get, might save us a lot of time wasted on dying to farm bosses.

Edit: I would like to add that in my opinion, until Summa is back from her family stuff, we should be rolling with you as healer and Kansir dps. Disc priests are definitely a plus to any healing comp, as of now.

Edited by Mortelinnor

it's not that people don't know how the boss mechanics work, we've killed that boss without anyone dieing before. Just for whatever reason, people weren't paying attention this past week and continued to die to stupid mechanics that they normally survive. Just dumb mistakes people were making because they didn't care enough. 

I appreciate all input because it shows you care and want us to be better, it's just last Wednesday was a fluke, we don't normally wipe that much to her.

Edited by Phobia