Rebel's Logic Post 1

Rebelogic

I thought that since I have been doing these for a couple of weeks now, I would just give it a name and stick with it. I chose "Rebel's Logic" obviously so you would be able to know they were from me (because so many other people write long winded summaries of raid weeks, great thinking Rebel, you moron).

Anyway, good afternoon children! Time for a recap of an eventful couple raid weeks. First off, we came up with a plan to have 2 simultaneous 25M raids going and it has gotten off to a decent start. Keeping in mind that the weekend during this raid week had Memorial day in it, caused some people to be missing but we still soldiered on. From the implementation of the new raid, we began recruiting some new members to fill the ranks because we still had to pug a few people for the seconds run. So far, we have gotten a ret pally named Thebigl, a holy preist named Cyianna, a demo lock named Grondel, and last but not least Avengedd is back. Having these people and eventually adding more have proven to strengthen our entire guild as a whole. For example, this week Boredman had finals on the Tuesday/Wednesday so we grabbed Cyianna to help heal. Solidifying a symbiotic relationship between the two raids is essential for our continued success. In both runs we are cultivating progression oriented players who shouldn't care what run they are on because both will go far with a little hard work. In this way, it puts less pressure for raid leaders to fill raids if people are missing as well as put less pressure on individual raiders who have an off-schedule week and can't make it to their usual run. All in all, it was the implementation of this second raid that ultimately led to the downing of Sindragosa 25M this week! Last 2 weeks, we lost a combined 4 raid days because some people couldn't show up for progression on Sindragosa. However, this week, I owe the fact that we had the people to fill in that caused us to for the first time have 3 successful raids in a row. It will only get better from here on out with Prydain and I working together with the other officers to recruit some more key players to fill our ranks.

Speaking of the second run. We have began a new relationship with a guild named Veritas et Aequitas which is the guild that Kateness and Starke are in. I and many other guildies have know Kateness and Starke for a long time and have enjoyed the opportunity to raid with them again as well as give them an opportunity to help us get our second run going. Around 6-8 different members of their guild have come to our second run and we are glad to have them. While we recruit more members to fill the second raid's ranks, it is nice to form a relationship with a good core of solid players outside of the guild who we can rely on to help.

This week, I sat out on Deathwhisper to let Laristira get a shot at her bow since no one needs it at all. It dropped and was a huge upgrade for her. In the future, on a farm boss if someone is willing to frosake their ID for a possible single big upgrade, I would be glad to sit for them. This is part of the symbiotic relationship idea because Laristira can now help out Geedub in the second run without having to compete for the bow.

This week marks the second week that Melodian has promissed to create me an upload of some good authentic island music and has not delivered yet. He is a music producer and I am dying to have some new jams to blast in my car. If anyone sees him online give him a hard time about it, lol.

From now on guys, we are making it a formality that whenever you find someone that wants to join the guild, they have to fill out an app on the forums. It takes like 5 minutes and makes it easier for us to refer to when wondering who all the new people are. In the past, even if he was a random friend of someone, we let him in, we just want to make the process a little more formal, that's all.

So guys, after long last, we are finally on Lich King 25M. Yesterday, we got some of the basics of phase 1 down and got into phase 2 a little sloppily. However, in the short time we spent on the fight (4 or so attempts), it appeared that we were improving. Please guys, come on time for raids next week and study the fight so we can have the maximum number of progressing attempts on him. If we have 3 solid raid days every week, we will down Lich King sooner than everyone thinks. As I happen to have a beer in my hand (office party), I will drink to that.

Until next time kids, GI Joe says "Knowing is half the battle."