Alysrazor tweaks

Lyntha

After reading about the fight some more, I found the following things that can be tweaked with our Alysrazor strat:

Phase 2 (Tornadoes!): This was never mentioned but a big part of this phase (In addition to dodging tornadoes) is going through the rings on the ground. The rings give you a haste buff which is very helpful for dpsing Alysrazor down in a timely manner. And of course, everyone needs to watch the tornado video posted by Gump to learn how to not fail at it. We've had a night of wipes on this boss and will be sitting people out who can't do the tornadoes. It's an integral part of the fight and very easy so there should be no excuses. If you have problems with Alysrazor blocking your screen just move the camera in closer.

Phase 3 (We Burn alysrazor!): The boss restores mana on spells that successfully hit her. There is also very little (If any) damage going out. Every single healer should be spamming spells on the boss to regain mana. Pallies need to cast exorcism/Holy Shock/Judgement and should'nt be casting crusader strike as it only procs on ranged abilities, not melee

Phase 4 (Alysrazor burns YOU!): We weren't prepared for just how much damage goes out during this phase. Tanks and healers both need to use Cooldowns VERY liberally or you won't survive. Every healer needs to be spamming their strongest heals. This phase does not last long and you SHOULD be at full mana thanks to Phase 3. Taz/Foto will need to work out how often this phase occurs and how to space out cooldowns appropriately but we need to have up multiple cooldowns on every Phase 4.

Tanks (This really just goes to moot): The bird casts Hungry 15 seconds after eating a worm. We can just move it to the worm exactly every 15 seconds to ensure we don't get wrecked by tantrum. If we get an overlap where there's no worms up, we just eat a tantrum with Swall. Please ignore me if you already knew this.

The bird casts Hungry 15 seconds after eating a worm. We can just move it to the worm exactly every 15 seconds to ensure we don't get wrecked by tantrum. If we get an overlap where there's no worms up, we just eat a tantrum with Swall. Please ignore me if you already knew this.

There's an issue with this idea. Yes, the bird becomes hungry every 15 seconds if we don't feed it a worm but we only have 4 worms each to counteract tantrums/hungry. Obviously, it's a good idea to use all of the worms because, not only are they annoying to the rest of the raid, but the more uptime on satiated the better.

If we were to have the bird eat a worm every 15 seconds in order to make sure that we have minimal hungry time, that would only give us 1 minute to kill the bird which, since the bird has ~30mil. hp, calculates to 500k dps overall to the bird. Obviously this isn't possible and phase 1 lasts longer than a minute so, while what you said is correct, it's a better idea to use the worms *reactively* as opposed to proactively.

If you have a bird eat a worm while it is in a tantrum, the tantrum goes away. So, what I usually do (and this was merely a matter of feeling out how it all works through trial and error) is eat the first tantrum, then feed a worm during the 2nd tantrum. From then on out, I have the bird eat a worm whenever it drops below a 20% threshold (80%, 60%, 40%, 20%) if it has not already gone through a tantrum or reactively when the bird throws a tantrum.

I'm pretty sure you already knew most of this and, even if you didn't, you have a system that works anyway (we were reliably getting into phase 2 although a lack of worms may have been why you were dying alot as we transitioned into phase 2? maybe? I don't know).

tl;dr: I don't know why I wrote this because you already know what you're doing here.................. fun times.

Edited by Iammoot

The bird casts Hungry 15 seconds after eating a worm. We can just move it to the worm exactly every 15 seconds to ensure we don't get wrecked by tantrum. If we get an overlap where there's no worms up, we just eat a tantrum with Swall. Please ignore me if you already knew this.

There's an issue with this idea. Yes, the bird becomes hungry every 15 seconds if we don't feed it a worm but we only have 4 worms each to counteract tantrums/hungry. Obviously, it's a good idea to use all of the worms because, not only are they annoying to the rest of the raid, but the more uptime on satiated the better.

If we were to have the bird eat a worm every 15 seconds in order to make sure that we have minimal hungry time, that would only give us 1 minute to kill the bird which, since the bird has ~30mil. hp, calculates to 500k dps overall to the bird. Obviously this isn't possible and phase 1 lasts longer than a minute so, while what you said is correct, it's a better idea to use the worms *reactively* as opposed to proactively.

If you have a bird eat a worm while it is in a tantrum, the tantrum goes away. So, what I usually do (and this was merely a matter of feeling out how it all works through trial and error) is eat the first tantrum, then feed a worm during the 2nd tantrum. From then on out, I have the bird eat a worm whenever it drops below a 20% threshold (80%, 60%, 40%, 20%) if it has not already gone through a tantrum or reactively when the bird throws a tantrum.

I'm pretty sure you already knew most of this and, even if you didn't, you have a system that works anyway (we were reliably getting into phase 2 although a lack of worms may have been why you were dying alot as we transitioned into phase 2? maybe? I don't know).

tl;dr: I don't know why I wrote this because you already know what you're doing here.................. fun times.

Does it spawn hungry? If not, we got 15 seconds at the start before first worm then we also got 15 seconds at the end. Don't forget the "Lock on and fire" animations when the hatchling is moving towards and eating the worm. So think of it like:

0 Seconds - Spawn

15 Seconds - Hungry. Dragged to worm

17 Seconds - Starts eating worm

22 Seconds - First worm eaten, back to tank

37 Seconds - Hungry. Dragged to worm

39 Seconds - Starts eating worm

44 Seconds - First worm eaten, back to tank

59 Seconds - Hungry. Dragged to worm

61 Seconds - Starts eating worm

66 Seconds - First worm eaten, back to tank

81 Seconds - Hungry. Dragged to worm

83 Seconds - Starts eating worm

87 Seconds - First worm eaten, back to tank

102 Seconds - Hungry. Tornadoes spawn by then?

If we need a bit more time, we can always shield wall the first Tantrum. I'd imagine it'd be up by the time phase 4 happens.

Also, while what Prydain said was indeed hilarious, it brings up the following thought: If we do the adds perfectly, we're losing vengeance stacks from the few tantrum hits that do go through and that will affect our DPS. I'm wondering if we should just keep doing what we're doing instead. At least on my side, I do it somewhat sloppy and just bring him to a worm once he tantrums so I take a few hits (I'm always right next to the next worm.

My add usually dies 20s before the phase is over so i fly around the room with 3 feathers.

But in all seriousness I do pop recklessness but I time it. I let the first trantum go full duration and let ruff know to spam heal me. When the next trantum comes I make the bird eat a worm and pop recklessness.

Also, when I know I don't have to use all the worms (bird is at ~30% and I have 2 worms up) I let ghostwind knows because he gets rocked hard on this phase.

My add usually dies 20s before the phase is over so i fly around the room with 3 feathers.

But in all seriousness I do pop recklessness but I time it. I let the first trantum go full duration and let ruff know to spam heal me. When the next trantum comes I make the bird eat a worm and pop recklessness.

Do you at least glyph recklesness or do you have the additional damage taken portion of reck to actually build up more vengeance stacks? Also, if you kill him that fast, why go through the effort of all that and putting more strain on the healers?

You are thinking glyph of Death Wish, there is no way to remove the damage taken part of recklessness, but Ruff knows to keep me. We have bash be the floater with 3 feathers, so he can easily and quickly help out any grp that needs help. The stress is not as big as you think, ruff just spams divine light on me and I'm good for the duration of the trantrum.

Also after my bird dies Ruff can help healing ghostwind, he is the one who usually gets hits hard and cant spend a lot of time dpsing, because he needs to DS a lot.

Since the death strike buff I can manage the birds a lot better but still Dk's are the worst scaling dps on this fight. If I use Dancing Rune Wep on cd with other cds its doable and sometimes I can even beat prydain but if rng is off i have often had to take the bird through the "volcano" phase as bash calls it. I am awesome on phase 4 though because i don't really have to use many cds on the birds so i pretty much have all my cds to blow when we have to tank alysrazor. Also snugg/moot myself and prydain use worms reactively and just call for big heals when we expect a tantrum. Now that I have the rep vendor dps trink the birds should be a breeze now tho even if prydain and bash bitch about me using it.