1/11 Too Sick to Raid or Missing part of it(?)

Saraiyu

Hey guys,

I stuck it out last night, but I wasn't bringing my best and by 9pm I was falling asleep at my computer. I think I should go to bed by 9 tonight. If you guys want me to heal from 7:45-9 (if you can't find anyone), I think I can handle that.

But yeah. I apologize for the awful playing last night. I guess the combination of being sick and tired with how demoralized I felt from all the negative comments made towards the healers got to me.

The issue yesterday wasn't that the healers were doing badly. We needed more to handle the sudden burst. Our DPS was fine so we decided to bring more in. We looked up different guilds who downed it and realized that everyone 8-heals the fight. All of our core healers are great! I think more than anything, we needed the additional healers for extra CD's than anything else.

tbh total hps once we finally 8 healed was not far off - i think it's an issue of figuring out stomp-crystal a bit better (ie movement) per prydain's shoutbox comments.

And deft i know you called out dps - and dps overall is significantly lower than other 25m raids starting on hm's. Everyone looks like 390+ except for me i think.

well ya she called out dps on hagara when prika was calling out heals, dps wasnt really an issue on the heroic mode, he was going down plenty fast just rogues dieing to stomp which lead to others dieing, as well as movement issues to crystals was more the issue

but i dont think that fight is a dps race anyways and more of a movement issue, i know my dps was lower than normal but i was focusing more on mechanics than power dpsing through it

Off-Healers (Anything beyond our 6 or 7 core healers) is this raid's biggest weakness. Here's our hybrid DPS who could theoretically heal and their healing proclivity:

Unholyfaith - Doesn't heal.

Fotosynthsis - Heals, and does well, but is our only 100% tank right now.

Perenelle - Doesn't heal.

Thundere - Dunno?

Gravikki - Doesn't heal.

Zenzae - Heals but main-spec is Enhance so his healing gear set is really weak thanks to having 2 raids in a row with 8 or less bosses each

Rebelogic - LOL, rebel healing

Ragnius - Doesnt Heal

Fdragon - Offspec is tank

Out of that whole group, we have 1 healer who could possibly off-heal (Zenzae) but since he uses agi gear, his heal set is probably awful compared to our core. Everyone else pretty much doesnt heal. This is not a knock on people... If they don't enjoy healing, they shouldn't do it.

However, this does mean that you guys should definitely be looking to recruit DPS who can heal when needed in the future.

The second-biggest weakness is DPS. We've recently lost some good dps (Like RTD) and still have some people who just aren't top-tier at maxing out DPS. Healers largely carried us through the heroic fights in Firelands that we downed until the DPS pretty much out-geared the content (Shannox, Aly, Rhyo, Domo). The ones we didnt down (Baleroc, Beth) were largely due to DPS issues. This is just something that the guild as a whole needs to improve upon.

Although HMorchok is a healer check, that only applies if you can make the enrage timer and your DPS don't make stupid mistakes. A lot of the guilds that did 8 healers did so to make the fight easier because their DPS could still make the appropriate enrage timer with less DPS. They were also in much better gear.

That being said, please keep in mind that although healers need some time to adjust to damage patterns in fights, if you are still wiping after many attempts, it is the DPS doing something wrong 99% of the time.

Lets just kite one and burn the other:

lol

snuggle hm morchok is pretty much all about healers once dance is learned. However, dps CAN AND SHOULD mitigate stomp/crystal dmg - ie nether ward, glyphed totem (grav was using), dispersion, iceblock, ret pally's bop'ing, lay on hands, etc. Without even looking hard, basically most didn't.

I think nerfed HM FL made people lazy. And I too was surprised by the low dps overall.

Fights are ALWAYS about DPS though Vile. If one raid does 10% more dps, the fight ends 10% sooner. On average, healers have to conserve 10% less mana. They can then heal 10% more and go oom at the same time. Higher DPS = Higher HPS.

This isn't always true of course and the math is totally a guess but the point remains. A healer who's in a guild that kills a boss 20% faster has to work a lot less hard and conserve mana a lot less than a healer who's in a guild that kills the boss 20% slower. Not to even mention the gearing difference that that makes when healers can forgo regen stats in favor of throughput stats.

This isn't even counting if a guild can drop dps for healers, which obviously people do on Morchok. MUST 10 HEAL IT.

Also, LOL @ the video. We should totally do that, rofl.

Off-Healers (Anything beyond our 6 or 7 core healers) is this raid's biggest weakness. Here's our hybrid DPS who could theoretically heal and their healing proclivity:

Unholyfaith - Doesn't heal.

Fotosynthsis - Heals, and does well, but is our only 100% tank right now.

Perenelle - Doesn't heal.

Thundere - Dunno?

Gravikki - Doesn't heal.

Zenzae - Heals but main-spec is Enhance so his healing gear set is really weak thanks to having 2 raids in a row with 8 or less bosses each

Rebelogic - LOL, rebel healing

Ragnius - Doesnt Heal

Fdragon - Offspec is tank

Out of that whole group, we have 1 healer who could possibly off-heal (Zenzae) but since he uses agi gear, his heal set is probably awful compared to our core. Everyone else pretty much doesnt heal. This is not a knock on people... If they don't enjoy healing, they shouldn't do it.

However, this does mean that you guys should definitely be looking to recruit DPS who can heal when needed in the future.

The second-biggest weakness is DPS. We've recently lost some good dps (Like RTD) and still have some people who just aren't top-tier at maxing out DPS. Healers largely carried us through the heroic fights in Firelands that we downed until the DPS pretty much out-geared the content (Shannox, Aly, Rhyo, Domo). The ones we didnt down (Baleroc, Beth) were largely due to DPS issues. This is just something that the guild as a whole needs to improve upon.

Although HMorchok is a healer check, that only applies if you can make the enrage timer and your DPS don't make stupid mistakes. A lot of the guilds that did 8 healers did so to make the fight easier because their DPS could still make the appropriate enrage timer with less DPS. They were also in much better gear.

That being said, please keep in mind that although healers need some time to adjust to damage patterns in fights, if you are still wiping after many attempts, it is the DPS doing something wrong 99% of the time.

just putting it out there i have an alt shammy i like healing on so i don't mind using that char either, not super geared yes as i have been really unlucky in LFR but even then i can pull out geared numbers on it i usually beat out other healers who have gear from normal modes

well i know deft had some issues with prikachu talking crap, not sure if Saraiyu meant the same thing, was kinda annoying with him talking crap cause usually i see him tunneling boss and ignoring mechanics so he can spam dps and try to top meters lol

I only said dps because pikachu insisted on being a jerk to the healers after our already long night of being told we were failing.

They may not have ment to say we were failing but it was coming out that way expecially when the rogue would get one shot and such.

EDIT: Also id like to say I usually shrug things off like this but recent events of quiting smoking has made me more emotional and I appoligize to anyone I may have annoyed.

Edited by Deftonia

Fights are ALWAYS about DPS though Vile. If one raid does 10% more dps, the fight ends 10% sooner. On average, healers have to conserve 10% less mana. They can then heal 10% more and go oom at the same time. Higher DPS = Higher HPS.

Of course at it's simplest yes this is always true. Better dps makes life easier sure, but a well coordinated tank/heals and "gimmick" roles for dps almost always is more important than dps for learning/progression. Eventually you need better dps which will be required to shrink tough mechanics, beat enrage, or just speed up the night.

For instance, no wipes on HM morchok had anything to do with dps throughput - after 2 hours we didn't even get to that point (best was 65% or something - wait til people see soft enrage...). It was the gimmick role (soakers), positioning, tank deaths and healing throughput.

EDIT: Also id like to say I usually shrug things off like this but recent events of quiting smoking has made me more emotional and I appoligize to anyone I may have annoyed.

Woah yeah that is hard. Whenever I quit I have a super short temper for about a month.

Healing is one of those things where at this point of the game, you can't just pick it up and expect to do as well as our core. It's completely different from DPSing. I have no doubt that you COULD be great at it, but not in a situation where we're like "Yeah, we're short a Healer tonight, unholy can you respec to healing". You really need somebody who heals a lot (Even if on an alt) to be decently successful at it.

Losing a DTR DPS would also suck.