Personal Performance and Character Evaluation

Dzt

Noxicc is known for wrong information, while it might be good for warriors, you might be miss informed for another class. IcyVeins though is an amazing resource.

he is only using noxxic for sim info, therefor it will be correct for all classes, he then after posts the link to icy veins for a basic rotation, pls read

There can be SimCraft for healing:  use it to establish a baseline.  Want to see how your output changes with a regem?  Plug your character into AMR and then import it into SimCraft.  You can save a ton of money by running these processes before implementation.

If we have a raid setup of 2 tanks, 5-6 healers and 17-18 DPS; fixing DPS issues will give you the most bang for your buck in an audit such as this.  DPS is basically where the most obvious, fixable issues lie at the moment.  None of this diminishes the importance of healer / tank improvement. 

Honestly, I would like to see everyone walk away from this with something that they can use to improve themselves.  A measure of success thusfar is Muln's indication that he would look at changing talents for individual fights.  It could also assist leadership by giving them new tools to evaluate player performance (not to mention most of these things are great for the prequalification of applicants to the guild).

it doesnt tell me to spam moonfire, i think the guides are off...

Yeah I didnt see anything about bleed strength and when to over write a bleed or even the best ways for tracking it....pfft terrible feral druid guide IMO

Uh, oh.  Looks like someone wasn't looking very hard for the information.

I change talents depending on the fight already.  For some reason, Priest Tier 6 talents are all extremely powerful but work vastly differently.  Stack fight?  Here we come, Divine star.  Stack loosely?  Hello Halo.  Spread all apart?  Time to cascade.  I also have run a holy offspec for the last few weeks just to min/max on holy friendly fights (Pretty much just Malkorok).  Yeah, I get what you're saying though.

You and I do.  I suspect that most don't.  The primary goal of this effort is to get people to start digging into their class, learn the underlying science and produce an increase to personal performance.

This isn't like raiding Sunwell; where people ported out to respec for individual fights.  What does a tome cost, 45 silver?  It is way different than the 20 minutes and 50 gold that it used to cost.

Edited by Dzt

We've had dual spec for so long, I forgot how much it sucked not having it.  But yeah, definitely.  Some talents make a huge difference.  If I didn't constantly change my T6 talents, I'd lose anywhere from 10 to 40 percent healing on some fights.

Dzt...i looked at it and saw a bunch of nonsense about button smashing as a warrior so i lost interest before i finished. Icy-veins isnt terrible for kittys but it lacks a bunch of much needed stuff...like using swipe if you get a CC proc after you've already applied thrash. I am a firm believer that Noxxic/Icy-veins are good for learning a class from scratch but once you have learned the basics of a class your best bet is to go with a class specific website that just focuses on that (ie. fluiddruid.net) etc 

You should note that there are links to fluiddruid.net in the IcyVeins Feral guide.  It is information such as this that will provide a player with the opportunity for a more advanced study, if they choose to do so.  An example of this is the Feral advanced rotation located at:  http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T16H.html#player5

You must understand that there are some people in this guild that have no knowledge of these resources (or theorycrafting in general).  In short, is this guide is intended to provide:  the middle of the pack with some new sources of information and the lower end of the spectrum with the baseline resoucres necessary to fix any major shortcomings.

Consider that before you post toxic comments in a thread.

Dzt...i started reading it all and got lost in smashing buttons whenever they are available :) j/k j/k j/k. I just dont put a lot of faith into them because they teach a more basic thought process into classes when we as raiders pushing heroic content (should be) reading as many different sources as possible to maximize dps/hps/tps. There are TONS of great sites out there with really helpful people who have a wealth of knowledge about their classes. I'm just saying that going by just what noxxic/icy-veins says isnt going to get you as far as some more in depth research can.