Rebel's Logic Post 2

Rebelogic

Back by popular demand! Well, actually "popular" is a stretch of the word, but hey, I like to think I brighten the day of a few people here and there, haha.

These last couple weeks have been very eventful and I am pleased to report that we are on track to making ourselves out of guild obscurity and make a decent name for ourselves. First off, I would like to address the efforts of our officers and technical staff (Unholy, Mastric, and Prydan). As you can see, we are using a new theme for our website along with many new fun things to explore throughout. The DKP tab is now a drop down under the RAID tab. Also in a drop down is a "members map" under the members tab. Here members can add your location and see where everyone else lives. Please don't visit me unannounced, you might get mauled by my attack Yacoub and he is always grumpy. Just the other day, I was on there and I discovered I lived relatively close to Cyianna :D Another feature to the website is pacman under the "click me" button. This is thanks to Prydain and his antics. We have always had a chat feature in addition to the shoutbox, but now we have expanded it to support many users at the same time in case the shoutbox traffic becomes heavy at any given time. Lastly, after long last, we have started to update the raid teams tab which is now under the "RAID" tab. We had been holding off for a long time on editing it, but with group 2 getting more solid every day, we got started on updating the tab.

Speaking of group 2, the last raid weeks were a little lackluster however they taught us some very valuable things. We discovered that in addition to Mastric and Geedub leading it, Greatbadguy has stepped up to help add his leadership to the team. We commend him and are sure he will help out a lot. The run itself had a few snags this week, one being the attitude of the Veritas GM Roflstomper and his GF, both of whom were in group 2. Roflstomper brought up the point that no one should have a DKP advantage, and although we agreed to this and told him that people like Geedub (has over 900 DKP) would start over on his druid, he still hated the system. He is under the impression that DKP breeds selfishness despite the fact that throughout the group 2 runs, Geedub has passed on multiple pieces to him and only bid and won 1 piece over him. We discussed this forever with him, but could not reach any agreement, so he will most probably not run with us anymore, oh well everyone is entitled to their opinion of fairness. Anyway, after revamping the DKP system in group 2 to be more fair, we also fixed how bids were done. There were some concerns about people seeing each others bids, but we decided on a silent whisper bid system to Mastric like we do in group 1. If Mastric desires to bid on a piece, everyone will whisper bids to Geedub, Greatbadguy is also there as a default 3rd option.

Just to make a quick summation of our theory behind the group 2 DKP system. We think that if we use DKP, people will be more apt to show up knowing that they have a consistent run going and that they will earn for time spent. More consistency = more downing = more loot. Also, more players = weeding out low geared/bad people from the ranks = consistency......=progression. Roflstomper brought up the point that what would happen if you are new and have no little DKP to start and that is a disadvantage. If you are new, it means we were forced to bring you in as a pug. By the time you get into the raid, the raid itself would have progressed enough with consistent (there is that word again) players to make the new guy basically be thrown some loot that no one needs. Therefore, if you are new, it isn't really a problem. Speaking of new people, the efforts of all the officers, as well as a certain hedgehog lover (Cyianna) have yielded some really positive recruiting results for us. Thebled (fury warrior), Psychosi (rogue), Armagetan (enhance shaman), Myntir (shadow preist), Ambika (Resto Shaman), TheBigl (ret pally), Gorondel (warlock), Mordechai/Vulkan (mage/warlock), are just some of the new faces, who have joined our ranks recently. Along with them, we have had a couple people come back into action to join up again. Bloodyredrum has brought his hunter over. RIzel has come back to tank or hunter it up for us. Huntinseason has come back also. Not to mention Avengedd who has showed up to a couple raids now. Since my last post, we have ramped up recruitment and have gotten a lot of great players! This makes me think of a pug I did with Onslaught yesterday on my priest. They were such assholes to all the pugs in there. From what I have heard, many other guilds are treating people horribly and that is what is making good raiders leave. It goes to show, people will work hard if they feel wanted and respected.

Also this week, after long last, Yacoub finally got the Pirates to run him through 25M Sindragosa quest and a LK downing. For the last few weeks, he had been asking Censored but they seem to have the same members not showing up issue that many guilds are facing. Because of Yacoub, we can now work on some hard modes next week and Yacoub can start getting shadowfrost shards towards his Shadowmourne! Speaking of the coming week, I have a challenge for everyone. Let's try and down every farm boss in that stupid place in 1 night so we can have multiple days on LK! Last week, we did it in 2 days, but I believe we can do it in 1.

Lastly, I am debating making a small video blog maybe weekly or bi-weekly of random guild news to be put on the website. I have gotten mixed reviews about the idea. Many like the idea but others mainly read my updates at work or at school where they cannot watch videos, lol. Oh well, I can always do both, a video blog for fun every once in a while and keep doing these written updates as well, lol. Tell me your thoughts about it in game or in a shout.

Well, that's all for now, good evening fellas.

Besides Lootship, any thoughts as to which bosses will be done on HM? Or are we spending the first week giving 1-2 tries each before quickly going back to normal? Is there any plan for Group 1 to possibly go back to 2 nights a week? I'd like to get back into some 10mans so long as they're not on Mondays. I'd rather give up a Sunday evening and a Thursday if G1-25 goes back to 2 days. If not, then I'm fine with a long Sunday session (so long as the group can reach LK and get good attempts/success). Otherwise, with the expansion possibly winding down in the coming months, any plans on getting a drake group going for ICC/Uld?

(Sunday's kinda my "chage of pace" day.)